Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5

Go down 
+4
Wurthless
Leatherface
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

"Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Empty
PostSubject: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:50 am

So here's my second swing at a synthfreek-inspired album cover collage. No "theme" to it, just a bunch of random albums that popped into my head. There are probably a couple of "gimmies" but I hope this one's a little tougher than my first attempt, which y'all had mostly solved before lunch time (haha). Enjoy.

"Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Cover%20Collage%202

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Do I spy Beast from the East?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 12:52 pm

And Bonded by Blood...
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 12:54 pm

1.Laaz Rockit-Annihilation Principle
5.Suicidal Tendencies-Join The Army
15.Exodus-Bonded By Blood
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 12:57 pm

And the infamous Hanging in the Balance from Metal Church...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:02 pm

I could be wrong on this one but is bottom left corner Vicious Rumors' Digital Dictator?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:09 pm

All correct so far....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Dang, here I thought Laaz and Vicious Rumors would be the stumpers, but nope, two minutes after I post it, BAM! Haha

...and yet there are no guesses the ones I thought would be instant "gimmies." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 pm

6. Looks like Forbidden - Black Sabbath
8. Creeping Death EP - Metallica
Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Top row third pic - Morbid Angel Altars Of Madness
Third row first pic - Testament The Legacy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Once again, all correct... ten down, six more to go!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Kiss unmasked is in there
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

thejokeriv wrote:
Kiss unmasked is in there

11 down, five more to go

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:53 pm

10.The Cult-Sonic Temple
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Leatherface wrote:
10.The Cult-Sonic Temple

DING! Four to go.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
1st row, 2nd from the left
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Lari wrote:
Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
1st row, 2nd from the left

DING! Three to go.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Number 12 is Stryper - THWTD
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:01 pm

the sentinel wrote:

My god why did I not think of that? I was going through the Stryper albums in my head and all I could think of was the black cover. Completely forgot the original art. Good call S-man.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Strange. I'm not a Stryper fan outside of a few songs, but I looked up them earlier because #11 reminded me of some non-existent Stryper album cover I thought I had seen years ago... only to find that #12 was a Stryper album after you guys figured it out. Razz
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

My god why did I not think of that? I was going through the Stryper albums in my head and all I could think of was the black cover. Completely forgot the original art. Good call S-man.

You guys got a ton before I showed up. Nice work, HoM Avengers! The Dokken and Stryper were the first two to stand out as they are two faves my misspent youth. Ha. I can't figure out the one with the weird face in the top row?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:23 pm

We need Freddy to do an X-out cuz I don't know what's been identified so far.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Quote :

DING!!

the sentinel wrote:
We need Freddy to do an X-out cuz I don't know what's been identified so far.

OK, here's a review:

Top Row:
Laaz Rockit/Annihilation Principle, Iced Earth/Something Wicked, Morbid Angel/Altars of Madness, Dokken/Beast From the East

2nd Row:
Suicidal Tend./Join the Army, Black Sabbath/Forbidden, ??? , Metallica/Creeping Death

3rd Row:
Testament/The Legacy, The Cult/Sonic Temple, ??? , Stryper/To Hell With the Devil

4th Row:
Vicious Rumors/Digital Dictator, KISS/Unmasked, Exodus/Bonded By Blood, Metal Church/Hanging in the Balance

The last two that haven't been ID'd yet are positions #7 and 11.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Cool. Thanks, Keith. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:02 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Cool. Thanks, Keith. Smile

No probs. I'm just glad this one is showing some degree of difficulty.... My first attempt was 90% solved within the first hour. Haha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5   "Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Name the Metal Album Covers" Round 5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: