Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fan Footage of Maiden's Somewhere on Tour Gig

Go down 
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Fan Footage of Maiden's Somewhere on Tour Gig Empty
PostSubject: Fan Footage of Maiden's Somewhere on Tour Gig   Fan Footage of Maiden's Somewhere on Tour Gig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 6:07 pm

This made for some rad Saturday morning viewing with my kids.

We may not have anything pro-shot from this tour that I wish I could go back and witness first hand, but this works damn well. Whoever shot this from the crowd did a great job, and the sound is more than decent. In all, it's enough to get my blood pumping.

Everything is here: the laser battle with Ed, the massive rising Ed at the end, Bruce speaking in French for most of the banter, three encores, four numbers from the debut, what seems to be the road crew belting out the gang chant from Heaven Can Wait onstage, a massive transparent beach ball with some cool artwork within, and a band in top form. In fact, I've always thought Bruce sounds a little tired on SiT but here he is completely in command and delivers BETTER vocal work on several cuts. And the energy--TWO HOURS--is relentless (how did these guys survive this kind of touring??). This has to be the best setlist I've ever seen, even with the lack of cuts from Piece of Mind. Wish they would bring some of these back.

There's several videos available from this tour with better sound quality but this one from Paris so far is my favorite. Going to rip this to audio for sure.

1. CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME
2. 2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT (7:13)
3. SEA OF MADNESS (13:10)
4. CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (18:48)
5. STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND (24:08)
6. WASTED YEARS (29:20)
7. RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER (36:15)
8. WALKING ON GLASS (49:05)
9. HEAVEN CAN WAIT (Lazer battle! And a weirdly timed VHS glitch post-solo) (54:10)
10. PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1:01:15)
11. HALLOWED BE THY NAME (1:08:30)
12. IRON MAIDEN (Massive Ed riseth!) (1:15:30)

ENCORE 1 (1:21:00 - 1:22:10):

13. THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST (1:22:11)
14. RUN TO THE HILLS (1:27:03)

ENCORE 2 (1:31:00 - 1:33:30):

15. RUNNING FREE (1:33:30)

ENCORE 3 (1:41:30 - 1:43:40):

16. SANCTUARY (1:43:40-1:50:50)

How're these for bonus features? An old MTV commercial for the tour/album, and some backstage footage from Sweden (the latter is honestly a bit of a chore to get through but oh well):

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Fan Footage of Maiden's Somewhere on Tour Gig
Page 1 of 1