Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help

Go down 
+3
mlotek
Addy
DakotaRogers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Drknow2011live2_638

Hardcore punk legends BAD BRAINS have released the following update:

"As many of you know, [BAD BRAINS guitarist] Gary Miller (a.k.a. Dr. Know or Doc) suffered cardiac arrest in early November last year. His condition quickly progressed to multiple organ failure, and he was on life support for almost two weeks. At the time, his doctors gave him a 5% chance of survival. But by the power of PMA, LOVE and FAMILY, he was able to pull through and survive.

"We started this campaign in an effort to raise money for Doc's medical expenses and additional care that will be needed once he returns home.

A number of musicians took to social media last November to express their concern about Dr. Know's health, with the Deen Ween Facebook group reporting that the guitarist was on life support. Other artists, including the LIVING COLOR vocalist Corey Glover and AGNOSTIC FRONT, also tweeted in support of the 57-year-old guitarist, who is one of only two members of BAD BRAINS to have played with the seminal D.C. group since they formed in 1977.

Back in July 2015, Dr. Know and Daryl Jenifer of the BAD BRAINS joined FOO FIGHTERS on stage at New York's Citi Field to perform the BAD BRAINS classics "How Low Can A Punk Get" and "The Regulator". FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl invited the special guests out to perform with the band and help him "live out my childhood fantasy". Grohl later described the experience as "the greatest f*cking moment of my entire f*cking life."

BAD BRAINS' most recent album was 2012's "Into The Future".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bad-brains-launch-100000-crowdfunding-campaign-for-ailing-guitarist-dr-know/#XDklOPfIQ7KXu5ZC.99
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:34 pm

https://www.gofundme.com/drknowbadbrains
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 4:25 pm

I read a Dave Grohl Bio years ago and Bad Brains is mentioned quite a bit I thought he was a member at one point but then realized i was thinking of the group dain bramage
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 pm

I remember the stories of the Bad Brains tour bus, and the white girls taken on there.
never gave and never will give them even one lousy cent.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 3:20 pm

I'll chip in for mlotek.

Hopefully he'll be well and nailing white chicks in no time! cool
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 3:56 pm

mlotek wrote:
I remember the stories of the Bad Brains tour bus, and the white girls taken on there.

What have you got against white women? Some of them are ok.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:58 pm

So, does anyone know the story?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 6:32 pm

mlotek wrote:

What a bunch of race-traitors, amirite? afro
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Speaking of the BB's, my wife is watching "The Voice" right now and I just noticed that Pharrell Williams is wearing a Bad Brains t-shirt.

I chuckled at the thought of one of squeaky clean pop prince or princess wanna bee's on his "team" busting into a cover of "Pay to Cum" on live TV Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help    Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Know from Bad Brains Need Your Help
Page 1 of 1