Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. George Gaynes

Go down 
+3
Boris2008
the sentinel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

R.I.P. George Gaynes Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:26 pm

"Punky Brewster's" TV Dad lived to 98. RIP my good man. He will always be Commandant Lassard to me though as I grew up watching the Police Academy franchise on cable like a lot of you guys.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:46 pm

He was awesome in Police Academy, like Leslie Nielsen he had a real talent for the ridiculous R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 am

I never watched Punky Brewster but loved the guy in the Police Academy films (especially the scene with the prostitute at the podium Laughing very hard ).

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 am

98? Dang. He had a good run. Rest well, Commandant.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:25 am

Yea, saw this yesterday in work. Funny thing. I wasn't exactly a Punky Brewster fan but I certainly knew of it and saw episodes. It wasn't until yesterday however that I made the connection that Commandant Lassard and Punky's adoptive dad were one in the same. Mind blown. How did I not see that?

And speaking of Police Academy, I was also shocked to read that they made 7 Police Academy movies! 7!!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:26 pm

7 Movies and a short lived TV series with Michael Winslow's "Jones" character.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 am

He played one of my favorite characters in the Police Academy movies.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28456

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:48 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. George Gaynes   R.I.P. George Gaynes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. George Gaynes
Page 1 of 1