Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three Little Pigs

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 9:53 am

Was listening to a mix CD I made earlier this year and Green Jello's Three Little Pigs came on. When the music video first came out in the early 90's I laughed my a** off and to this day whenever I listen to that song I'm singing along with a smile on my face. For a band that had no talent and very little musical background they managed to make quite a bit of money based off of one song. Who else remembers that song and what did you all think of it back then?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:11 am

Loved it then and to this day!
Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:13 am

I love that song. They had a few other tunes I enjoyed as well, and the home video they put out was a riot.

Keep in mind they were only called Green Jello for a short period of time because the Jello company sued them over copyright infringement so if you are looking up anything about them you might want to try the name Green Jelly Wink
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:34 am

firestar wrote:
Keep in mind they were only called Green Jello for a short period of time because the Jello company sued them over copyright infringement so if you are looking up anything about them you might want to try the name Green Jelly Wink

Oh, I knew that its just that a lot of the time I dont' like giving in to stupid petty lawsuits. For instance, as a long-time pro wrestling fan it took me four years to stop calling the WWE the WWF.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 1:09 pm

That song rules so very much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Man, I still love this band and their two albums! I even have a horrible EP they did with Hulk Hogan! Haha.

They had some great songs, though. Obey the Cow God!! lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Man, it's been ages since I saw that video. Classic.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 7:03 pm

never got into this silly stuff.

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 7:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I still love this band and their two albums! I even have a horrible EP they did with Hulk Hogan! Haha.

They had some great songs, though. Obey the Cow God!! lol!

Do you keep in in the Green Jelly section of your collection or along side the Hulkster raps album? :p
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 11:28 pm

I remember MTV played the heck out of that video when it first came out. That song is great, but the other songs I heard from them didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:28 am

outofstep wrote:
I remember MTV played the heck out of that video when it first came out. That song is great, but the other songs I heard from them didn't do much for me.
ELECTRIC HARLEY HOUSE OF LOVE 🤘

Love that song!
Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:47 pm

I used to do this thing with a local music store called Rock Project. Participants would pay to be put in a band and rehearse every week, culminating with a concert at the end of about two-three months. A lot of kids and teens, mostly (I was in high school)

One year my Rock Project band chose this as one of our songs. I was the vocalist. It was a blast to sing - and what is hilarious: the high pitched 'not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin' part was handled (during the final concert) by a group of 6-7 year old boys. that *ruled*!!!
Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:46 pm

metallikitty wrote:
the high pitched 'not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin' part was handled (during the final concert) by a group of 6-7 year old boys. that *ruled*!!!
Are you saying Maynard from Tool sounds like a group of 6-7 year old boys? Laughing
Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Wow, is he the one responsible for the original vocal on that?

LOL. didn't know that. from what I know of him, not particularly! how funny...
Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:00 pm

metallikitty wrote:
Wow, is he the one responsible for the original vocal on that?

LOL. didn't know that. from what I know of him, not particularly! how funny...
Yeah, that was him. Danny Carey was also a member of the band for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Little Pigs   Three Little Pigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Little Pigs
Page 1 of 1