Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Facebook Metal Friend

Go down 
+12
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
DakotaRogers
Thrasher73
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Eyesore
martinsane
Glower
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Facebook Metal Friend Empty
PostSubject: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Just curious - I do have facebook, but only a few pals -
a dozen or so Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Does anyone here have a metal facebook friend -
Doesn't have to be a super popular person...but is cool....
like Ron Keel....along the lines like that....80's though.....
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 9:32 pm

No FB, never had, never will. I do fraternize with some cool rock guys, but they don't FB either. They said it was very liberating to get rid of the FB account (s).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Facebook sucks only if you let it suck. It can be a great bridge between fans and artists. Mike Portnoy has liked/commented on things I've posted. Just yesterday there was a discussion about Tim Owens, a lot of it negative, and he stopped by the conversation.

I made some comments on Static-X a while back, which pissed off Tony Campos, so he sent me an angry Facebook message. Haha.

But yeah, Facebook is great like that. If you don't like seeing certain things in your feed, just block or unfollow the person posting it. Simple. Use Ad-block Plus to block ads, and you're golden.

Facebook is really no different from a forum if you take an active role in controlling what you want to see.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Very well put, Ken. I have always respected your honesty.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 11:05 pm

the sentinel wrote:

headbanger

There is a relatively new Heart of Metal Facebook page, for those who may not know. Dig it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/437963863070758
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 12:10 am

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

headbanger

There is a relatively new Heart of Metal Facebook page, for those who may not know. Dig it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/437963863070758

Cool. I sent my request to join.

The closest I have to a metal "friend" on FB is guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite. He's more goth, though.

Facebook is a cool way to keep track of what bands are doing, if they use it. FB is how I learned Paul Stanley would be in a nearby city for a book signing and I got my photo taken with him. Facebook is how I found out about the VIP Bus Bash with Saxon and got to meet the band. Saxon is really good at using FB, posting video of the crowds in every city they play. Bands should utilize it to keep their fans up to date on their goings on.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 12:36 am

I'm friends with a few "rock stars".

Rob Rock
Glenn Rogers
Scott Waters
Ted Kirkpatrick
Gary Lenaire
Larry Farkas
Doug Thieme
Roger Martin
Shawn Pelata

to name a few.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 7:00 am

Billy Milano called me a dumb Jew earlier this year - pretty cool, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 7:48 am

Yeah, I have a lot of musician people as Friends on FB...some I interact with more than others.

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am

DakotaRogers wrote:

Laughing very hard

That guy is such a shit-stain. I'm surprised he hasn't been beaten to death for running his mouth in front of the wrong people.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:54 am

I'm "FB friends" with John Gallagher from Raven, Kory Clarke of Warrior Soul, Mark Briody of Jag Panzer, Randy Rose of Mad at the World/Rose, Michael Drive Lee of Barren Cross, Keith Roth of Bad Biscut/Frankenstein 3000, Toby Knapp of Onward, Jon Love of Love/Hate, and several others I can't think of off the top of my head because I'm under-caffeinated...

Oh yeah, some guys you might've heard of named Shawn Pelata and Scott Waters, too. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:25 am

I have plenty of Facebook friends in bands.

I have David T. Chastain (Chastain/CJSS), Patrick Lind (Morbid Saint), Mike Gonzalez (Dark Angel), and plenty of others as Facebook friends, as well as plenty of local band members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 am

I hate facebook. Never could stand this fake virtual society where everyone seeks to be the most popular.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:28 am

A few that I converse with. Johnny Rod, Marcie Free, everyone in Slave Raider and Powermad, Biff and Doug [first name basis! haha], a few others.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:56 am

Gilbert wrote:
I hate facebook. Never could stand this fake virtual society where everyone seeks to be the most popular.

If that is what you want to use it for, I guess. I just reconnected with the rest of my family of cousins, aunts and uncles that I haven't seen years. My Dad had 11 other siblings, so you can imagine how many cousins that is.................
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 4:03 pm

The only musicians I have are Sam from Purson & Annie Hogan (who I really don't imagine anyone on here would know) I have had conversations with plenty of bands on FB but I'm not the type to collect FB 'friends' for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:30 pm

I have thought of getting an account from time to time just for the Music angle of keeping up with some news and happenings. But, between HoM and a few other forums I lurk on, I don't feel that there is a whole lot I am missing.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:25 pm

I am friends with Pat Travers, Dave Meneketti (Y&T) and the scorpions....but i follow lots of artist...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Not a fan of Facebook but I am friends/have communicated with:

-All the guys from Fear Not except Gary.
-Vin Van Volt (Barren Cross)
-Craig Wells (Metal Church)
-Steven Patrick and Andy Robbins (Holy Soldier)
-John Elefante

Of course I have many other musicians as "friends" but there hasn't been any contact with a band member.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:54 am

DakotaRogers wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Metal Friend   Facebook Metal Friend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facebook Metal Friend
Page 1 of 1