Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will be the new savior of music?

Go down 
+13
exact33
Hadley
the sentinel
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Wurthless
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Lari
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
muckie
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:12 pm

I thought Walk The Moon could have been the next big thing this year in the world of pop music, but unfortunately they became just known for "Shut Up and Dance". And sadly, i think that we'll see more and more one-hit-wonders as time goes on, because people just want to hear that one song they loved, but they dont want to invest in more music by that artist. It's kind of like those classic rock artists who dont bother releasing new music because the "fans" dont want to hear anything but the hits
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Considering how popular electronic dance music is getting today, the market should just focus on doing digital singles with maybe a b-side that is only available if you buy both tracks together on iTunes. The Italo-Disco market in the 80's did fine with just 7" or 12" records that were singles. You rarely ever saw albums by actual artists, unless it was a hits compilation. That kind of model could be effective in today's culture. Then once they have enough tracks under their sleeve, the labels/producers can release a compilation of the first volume of tracks with extended mixes to make people rebuy them after they have purchased the shorter singles versions. Singles can still sell a million on iTunes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:17 am

muckie wrote:
Noel Gallagher from Oasis said that he hated Adele because she did 'granny music'. Now, being a fan of music that is grossly innocuous and even outright puritanical, that is a compliment. I sure as hell, being somewhat of a laid-back (or lazy) introvert, would not want to attract a crowd of noisy kids if I was doing live music. But I know some people who would. That's not me. So really, being granny music is a good thing. With age comes wisdom, usually. Very Happy

I've heard enough of Adele to say that she does make very soothing, sleepy-time music. And I don't mean that in a negative way. It's what she does and she does it well.

My wife wants to see her in concert, but as my mother-in-law pointed out, "Why? She doesn't do anything. She just sits on a stool and sings". I don't expect her to be doing flying splits off the drum riser, but for what she's charging for tickets, it better be a helluva show.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Disturbed.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
Disturbed.

Seriously?

I now have 4 of their albums and every one sounds just like the other ones.  Talk about a one-trick pony.

"Huuuuuuuhhh!!!!!...Uh....uh....uh....uh...uh..."

That's Disturbed.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Disturbed.

Seriously?

I now have 4 of their albums and every one sounds just like the other ones.  Talk about a one-trick pony.

That's Disturbed.

its part modern, part old-timer and the albums are pretty consistent.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Disturbed.

Seriously?

That's Disturbed.

Yeah, consistently like the previous album.  People beat up AC/DC for releasing the same album over and over; for my money Disturbed is even more guilty of that.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Disturbed.

Seriously?

That's Disturbed.

Yeah, consistently like the previous album.  People beat up AC/DC for releasing the same album over and over; for my money Disturbed is even more guilty of that.

not going to argue with you on that - but an argument can be made there is not a whole new under the heavens now. But Disturbed works and appeals to a lot of different age groups.

Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:47 pm

*ahem

Doesnt sound like any other Disturbed song i've heard.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Hadley wrote:
*ahem

Doesnt sound like any other Disturbed song i've heard.
Gotta agree with you there; that doesn't sound like the usual Disturbed fare.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 8:48 pm

I don't think there is a savior of music. It will probably continue on its downward spiral of Pop Rock R&B Country until the radio is full of artists who were once participants on a show somewhere in the world. Or, there will be a movement of what is old is new again and people may look to a host of long dead 60's, 70's, and 80's artists. Or, those, like us, who are passionate will seek out the long lost treasures of our favorite genres and post on Music forums about the halcyon days of our first time hearing band x or artist y.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 11:17 pm

Music was pronounced dead shortly after the passing of Lemmy, but this band emerged as the long-awaited rock messiah who will carry the torch for a new generation.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 4:45 am

I heard Guns N Roses were getting back together. There's your Savior. Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 811939
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 3:26 pm

I'm looking forward to the day when a thirty second ringtone hits no. 1 on the billboards and sells a million copies on iTunes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:45 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I heard Guns N Roses were getting back together. There's your Savior. Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 811939

Shhh, Axl can hear you!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm

muckie wrote:
I'm looking forward to the day when a thirty second ringtone hits no. 1 on the billboards and sells a million copies on iTunes. Laughing

It sorta already happened:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Duck

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 am

the sentinel wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Shhh, Axl can hear you!

Music's Savior will be a minimal 3 hours late.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:45 am

the sentinel wrote:
muckie wrote:

lol!

Would you believe I actually had that on a 45 ?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:48 am

I have fond memories of that song playing on the 8-track player in my grandparents old Ford LTD

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 1:27 pm

007 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
muckie wrote:

lol!

Would you believe I actually had that on a 45 ?

I believe it. Smile I wanna say that I had it too. In some form or another. My memory of having some lp's as a kid is spotty. I remember a show tunes comp with Star Wars and Superman theme songs and a copy of Jesus Christ Superstar.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Speaking of Star Wars LPs: Does anyone remember "What do you get a wookie for Christmas (if he already has a comb)"? Haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Whenever we hear people talk about 'the music industry' it usually only refers to the US market, and maybe UK and Australia, basically anything that gets around on the English speaking circuit. Thing is, you would be impressed how many copies some Bollywood, Korean Pop, and Chinese mainstream music has sold recently, including legal digital downloads. One artist from China sold 3-4 LEGAL digital downloads of his album Xplore in 2016 (this was Lu Xhan). Korean pop probably makes more from both CDs, merchandise and concerts in Asia as a whole than all the western CDs sold in the US combined. And this is coming from some parts of the world where piracy is commonplace. Thing is, as a longtime fan of Asian music who has abandoned western garbage for the most part, they still keep some traditional qualities in their music that are now sadly 'outdated' according to idiot music industry hotshots here in the States. Adele came close to being this generation's Mariah or Celine Dion, and criticize her all you want, I can see the quality in her which helped her sell more than most other English speaking artists this decade. Saying asian pop is 'behind' in this regard is not such a bad thing, because it just means they are keeping what made music so good to begin with in the last few generations. I do think Korean girl groups and boy bands outshine a lot of the western ones. I would rather listen to DBSK over One Direction. The problem I think, really is OUR music, and what the industry execs are pushing, rather than the fact that music everywhere is truly going to die. There will always be greed, but in terms of mainstream, it's bad leadership and taste from the ones giving us this gross filth on the US Billboard.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 pm

i think music will continue on as it always has - people will continue to make it and others will listen to what they enjoy. and metalheads will poo poo everything that isnt maiden Smile

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Its not who will be the new savior but what...and the what is Nostalgia ....People love to relive their youth and it keeps the old bands alive and creates new music. as well..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the new savior of music?   Who will be the new savior of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will be the new savior of music?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2