Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Shows Of 2015

Go down 
+9
Lari
the sentinel
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
tohostudios
MetallicSeminarian
thejokeriv
80s Metal Lady
nevermore
13 posters
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Favorite Shows Of 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 5:45 pm

What are some of your favorite shows you attended in 2015?

For me:
1. Saxon, Armored Saint, Dragonland and Almah. The Progpower kick off show in Atlanta, Ga.
2. Night Demon at The Odditorium in Asheville, NC.
3. Yob, Black Cobra and US Christmas at The Mothlight in Asheville, NC.
4. Doro and Archer at The Masquerade in Atlanta.
5. High On Fire with Pallbearer, Lucifer and Venomous Maximus at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem, NC.

Last edited by nevermore on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Opeth - 25th anniversary show @ The Paramount Theatre, Los Angeles

Steven Wilson @ The Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles

OHM @ The Baked Potato, Studio City

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 6:21 pm

1. Crobot/Saxon/Motörhead in Riverside, CA where I got to meet Saxon!
2. Mersa/Storm of Perception/Altered Silence/Saxon in Mesa, AZ

The only other concerts I went to this year were to see Swervedriver in Los Angles at the Roxy and in Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:29 pm

This was a much slower year for concerts for me, primarily due to starting a new job. I plan to rectify that next year, already planning to see Maiden X4, Megadeth, Queenesryche, The Cure and who know what else. I did take my kids to see to Van Halen this past summer - I had a great time and so did my kids.

But my top show of 2015 by far was Nightwish. Delain opened up with a fun set. Sabaton played next and put on a great set. I will be seeing them again! But Nightwish really blew me away - fantastic show! The band was tight and listening to and watching Floor sing for two hours was an almost orgasmic experience. Nightwish is a one of those bands that is much better live than on record. I will be seeing them every chance I get. I do hope to get to see them with their full production one of these days!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:30 pm

Nightwish were phenomenal when I saw them! I hope to see them again as well!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Due to lack of both funds and time, I only went to 2 shows this year: 

Van Halen with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Shepherd was excellent and the music to VH was great but DLR just sounded so horrible it kinda hindered my enjoyment.

The other show I went to was not remotely metal: Train with The Fray and Matt Nathanson. Nathanson was excellent but The Fray did nothing for me. However, I was there to see Train and they killed it. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

So of the limited pool to choose from, my favorite concert this year was Train.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
This was a much slower year for concerts for me, primarily due to starting a new job. I plan to rectify that next year, already planning to see Maiden X4, Megadeth, Queenesryche, The Cure and who know what else. I did take my kids to see to Van Halen this past summer - I had a great time and so did my kids.

But my top show of 2015 by far was Nightwish. Delain opened up with a fun set. Sabaton played next and put on a great set. I will be seeing them again! But Nightwish really blew me away - fantastic show! The band was tight and listening to and watching Floor sing for two hours was an almost orgasmic experience. Nightwish is a one of those bands that is much better live than on record. I will be seeing them every chance I get. I do hope to get to see them with their full production one of these days!

I'm curious, did Nightwish seem to be playing with a soundtrack?  I have a couple of their live DVDs and it seems pretty apparent that some of the background orchestrations are on tape.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I'm curious, did Nightwish seem to be playing with a soundtrack?  I have a couple of their live DVDs and it seems pretty apparent that some of the background orchestrations are on tape.

They do pump in the orchestration from backing track. Normally I don't like that, but they can't really tour with a full orchestra so I get it
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:24 am

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

They do pump in the orchestration from backing track. Normally I don't like that, but they can't really tour with a full orchestra so I get it

Yeah, it'd be next to impossible to pull off some of those songs live without backing tracks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:57 am

#1 - a band you have never heard of, so don't worry about it.
#2 - see #1
#3 - Saxon and Armored Saint in Chi-town
#4 - Believe it or not - Hinder/Puddle of Mud. Those guys really rocked. Too bad PoM dude got 2 DWI's when leaving that show.
#5 - Dangerous Toys/Pretty Boy Floyd/Every Mothers Nightmare. These legends SLAYED!

#6 - Loudness [hate to put one of my fav bands in this position, but I am just being honest. The crowd sucked and the band was not up to par].
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 1:42 am

I haven't been to a show in ages. As I get older, I have less and less of a desire to be around large groups of people. Haha.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 10:42 am

1- Stryper They were just great and Michael sounded amazing.
2- Whitesnake DC's voice is certainly not what it was 20 years ago, but it was so much damn fun.
3- Queensryche It was great to see them again, this time with LaTorre, and hear all the classics.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 10:54 am

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yeah, it'd be next to impossible to pull off some of those songs live without backing tracks.

Ever since Century Child, I was hoping they'd re-arrange their songs for a live set and do a "metal band" show. Only guitars, drums and Tuomas playing the keys.

It'd be interesting, for sure. And worth seeing and hearing. There are plenty of Nightwish cover bands that do it. They could do it better themselves.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 9:21 pm

The best show of 2015 was easily Judas Priest in November.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 7:35 am

Blind Guardian w/ Grave Digger (the only show I saw).
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Nuclear Assault @ Dynamo festival
Omen in Slovenia
Exciter with original line up @ Keep it True
Venom Inc. in Croatia (very surprisingly as they sucked @ Keep it True)
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Judas Priest and Saxon
Saxon and Armored Saint
Fates Warning (absolutely incredible)
Havok
Exodus
Your chance to die (a smaller band that I really dig seeing)
Hate Eternal/Misery Index/Beyond Creation/Rivers of Nihil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Shows Of 2015   Favorite Shows Of 2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Shows Of 2015
Page 1 of 1