Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weakest final album by a band?

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
thejokeriv
brokentulsa
ultmetal
the sentinel
Troublezone
Sword Of The Heretic
Required Fields
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
DakotaRogers
chewie
Thrasher73
Glower
Eyesore
glassprison
rajah
Temple of Blood
Lari
muckie
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 7:37 pm

As far as Deliverance... The question was: what bands ended on a terrible album? And I stand by my answer of "Hear What I Say!".
IMO, it sounded uninspired, none of the songs stood out to me and they didn't even have one song that was any more intense than the (mid-paced) album "Stay of Execution". None of the songs were anything close to the intensity of the first three speed Metal classics. I think if you're gonna employ the services of a drummer like Jayson Sherlock, you ought to go all out and make the most of his speed and power. Your review said something about the album has a little of everything they did in the past... I disagree! Maybe if their first album was Stay of Execution. I actually like "As Above, So Below" better. Sad to say... I think this last album shows how much Jimmy isn't into thrash (or maybe Metal in general) anymore.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Deliverance - Hear What I Say

With a drummer like Jayson Sherlock, they should have went full throttle heavy and fast! What a waste...

Metal Archives lists them as still active.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

With a drummer like Jayson Sherlock, they should have went full throttle heavy and fast! What a waste...

Jimmy himself said that it is the final Deliverance album. That means THE END. Archives needs to update...
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Jimmy himself said that it is the final Deliverance album. That means THE END. Archives needs to update...

Why couldn't it mean that they still plan to tour actively, but are through with writing new music?

I was under the impression that this band was infamous for it's "cry wolf" routine when it comes to disbanding.

Either way, it was a weak, awkward mess of a final offering.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 am

Led Zeppelin...Coda
Crazy Lixx...Crazy Lixx
Sister Sin...Black Lotus
White Lion...Return Of The Pride
Keel..Streets Of Rock N Roll
Alcatrazz...Dangerous Games
Rainbow..Stranger In Us All
Dio...Master Of The Moon
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Why couldn't it mean that they still plan to tour actively, but are through with writing new music?

I was under the impression that this band was infamous for it's "cry wolf" routine when it comes to disbanding.

Deliverance was done after Stay of execution. That was a decent comeback after the horrible what a joke (that albums sucked!) I get branching out into new directions but good Lord....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:10 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Led Zeppelin...Coda
Crazy Lixx...Crazy Lixx
Sister Sin...Black Lotus
Dio...Master Of The Moon

Coda was a posthumous compilation album released 2 years after they disbanded.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 2:03 am

S.D. wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Led Zeppelin...Coda
Crazy Lixx...Crazy Lixx
Sister Sin...Black Lotus
Dio...Master Of The Moon

Coda was a posthumous compilation album released 2 years after they disbanded.  

And IMO pretty solid for being bootleg material. Even if it had been a final recording I wouldn't call it weak. Hell, I don't think any Zep album was weak. Varying in degrees, maybe, but all strong output.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 am

Yeah. They are just varying degrees of greatness.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 9:28 am

Well, what are the worst bands in history? Some of them must be inactive.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:31 am

brokentulsa wrote:

Sister Sin...Black Lotus

I dunno. I kinda like the Sister Sin album. Shame they went out the way they did, but it's not bad.

That White Lion album though, yeesh, What a stinker!! I get "name recognition" and all that, but that was a Mike Tramp solo album (and not a very good one at that). It shouldn't have had the White Lion moniker on it.

If they stick to their word and remain broken-up, the last Black Crowes album, Before the Frost, could be marketed as a powerful sleep-aid. Talk about a snooze-fest.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:44 am

I thought Keel's Streets of Rock N' Roll was a great album.

But anyway, I'm okay with overlooking reunion/comeback albums in a discussion like this. Like, if a band split in 1993, after their last album in 1992, but then decided to get back together in 2009...it wouldn't bother me if someone listed that band's 1992 album as a final album, as it was intended as such at the time (or just happened to be the last album, if the split was unexpected or whatever).

Some of the reunion/comeback stuff I'd almost put a whole other category. Like the White Lion album...no question it sucks. But I'd really call Mane Attraction their final roar. As there was like 17 years and an official break up in between. And that one especially counts since as mentioned, it's just a Mike Tramp album under the WL name. No other original members, I think, right?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
it's just a Mike Tramp album under the WL name. No other original members, I think, right?

Yup, just Tramp and some other hacks.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 am

Troublezone wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, and then they said they want to do another album. It's all pretty ridiculous.

But I agree with your assessment of this album. This band is so overrated it's not funny. "Weapons" was great but that's it. People bend over backwards to try to find something great when it's just not there.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
it's just a Mike Tramp album under the WL name. No other original members, I think, right?

Yup, just Tramp and some other hacks.

All he needs is Vito too and it's legit IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:17 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Deliverance was done after Stay of execution. That was a decent comeback after the horrible what a joke (that albums sucked!) I get branching out into new directions but good Lord....  

I disagree with What A Joke. At least half the album is great! The first 2 songs, It's the Beat, After Forever (cover), Product of Society and the redo of "Attack" are all excellent! It would have been much better as an EP without the wannabe SOD/MOD type joke songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I thought Keel's Streets of Rock N' Roll was a great album.

But anyway, I'm okay with overlooking reunion/comeback albums in a discussion like this. Like, if a band split in 1993, after their last album in 1992, but then decided to get back together in 2009...it wouldn't bother me if someone listed that band's 1992 album as a final album, as it was intended as such at the time (or just happened to be the last album, if the split was unexpected or whatever).

Some of the reunion/comeback stuff I'd almost put a whole other category. Like the White Lion album...no question it sucks. But I'd really call Mane Attraction their final roar. As there was like 17 years and an official break up in between. And that one especially counts since as mentioned, it's just a Mike Tramp album under the WL name. No other original members, I think, right?

I like the Keel album but the White Lion is terrible. However, I agree with you that Mane Attraction would be the final album as it's certainly not the same band and not the same mindset. I thought the idea of this thread was the final album of a band at the end of their original run. Like one that was active from '80 to '88 and their final album was in '87 and it was terrible. But, maybe I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 pm

CORONER
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:32 am

stormspell wrote:
CORONER

The last Coroner release was just a compilation with a few new songs. Grin on the other hand is great!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:00 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

But I agree with your assessment of this album.  This band is so overrated it's not funny.  "Weapons" was great but that's it.  People bend over backwards to try to find something great when it's just not there.

Their first album is great as well. I like a few of the songs on What a Joke too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:45 am

stormspell wrote:
CORONER

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:05 am

I don't know if we can count this, but if we're looking at the original Queensryche lineup, Hear in the Now Frontier was a pretty weak note to go out on. Oddly, not because the songs were crap, but because the album was too long and not particularly well-sequenced to my mind. When you consider how good to excellent everything preceding it was, it represented a pretty steep drop-off.

By the same logic, Risk by Megadeth was a pretty sore note for the "classic" lineup to go out on.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:09 am

For what it's worth, I love What A Joke. Smile

Sadly, my all-time favorite band - Bride - didn't finish strong, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:46 am

One other that I forgot - I really felt like Type O Negative ended pretty weak with Dead Again. September Sun was a good track, but the rest didn't really grab me. I liked the increase in energy, but it was all the more sad that Pete Steele died when he did considering that I thought the next album would have been something really special.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:42 am

Runicen wrote:
I don't know if we can count this, but if we're looking at the original Queensryche lineup, Hear in the Now Frontier was a pretty weak note to go out on.  Oddly, not because the songs were crap, but because the album was too long and not particularly well-sequenced to my mind.  When you consider how good to excellent everything preceding it was, it represented a pretty steep drop-off.

I actually really like that album and usually point to it as the last QR I bought release week and really liked. But, I see what you are saying as it was a pretty big drop off in quality. I felt that way the first time I heard Promised Land. It's an album I have grown to like, but when I first heard "I Am I" it was a big letdown.

On a side note, I have been on a QR kick as of late (with the "classic line up") watching old concerts of theirs on youtube and remembering how amazing they once were. Watching footage from the "Warning" and "Rage" tours it's amazing how tight and dialed in this band once was with the Geoff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weakest final album by a band?   Weakest final album by a band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weakest final album by a band?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next