Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hair I Go Again Documentary

Go down 
+3
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hair I Go Again Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:37 am

Two failed musicians from the 80's give up their day jobs and take another shot at glory in 2015. Hilarious? Sad? Inspiring? Insane? All of the above? You be the judge...

The year was 1985. Thousands of miles away from the sonic debauchery of the Sunset Strip, two teenage friends shared aspirations of glam rock grandeur. Freshly permed and taking a page straight out of Hit Parader, a hungry, determined band was born. Fame and fortune, however, remained out of reach and the group unceremoniously imploded...probably over some chick.

Fast forward thirty years.

Facing a mid-life crossroads, Kyle Kruger and Steve McClure set out on an improbable journey in order to fulfill their dreams of achieving rock & roll stardom. With credit cards maxed out and the 401K cashed in, the pair risk everything in hopes of reclaiming the magic they had as a band over a quarter century ago.

It’s a story about a lifelong friendship, insurmountable odds and dealing with the always present thought of “what if”? It’s a tale of rediscovery, determination, triumphs and failures.

Because first and last chances happen only once.

Featuring candid interviews with some of the most influential musicians and industry professionals in the business, including Eddie Trunk (That Metal Show), Jeff Keith and Frank Hannon (Tesla), Ron Keel (KEEL), Steve Blaze (Lillian Axe), Frank Bello and Joey Belladonna (Anthrax), Les Warner (The Cult), as well as members of Kix, Stryper, Queensrÿche, Quiet Riot, Warrant, Motörhead, LA Guns and more.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:50 am

Earlier, longer trailer...

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:55 am

I certainly don't want to crap on anyone's dream but man this is a tough thing to do...especially now! On one hand I want to say that if you couldn't make it then, when it was a burgeoning enterprise, they either weren't good enough or got lost amidst the glut of other glam bands. Now, on the other hand, with less competition, maybe they have more of a chance. I wish them luck. They're gonna need it cuz I think they are about 10 years after the resurgence.
These documentaries have such a "reality" show feel to them it makes me wonder of the motives behind them. It also makes me think why haven't we had a show like the "Voice" or "Rock Star" recently?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Earlier, longer trailer...

I like the nod to Crue in the rating. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:16 am

the sentinel wrote:
I certainly don't want to crap on anyone's dream but man this is a tough thing to do...especially now! On one hand I want to say that if you couldn't make it then, when it was a burgeoning enterprise, they either weren't good enough or got lost amidst the glut of other glam bands. Now, on the other hand, with less competition, maybe they have more of a chance. I wish them luck. They're gonna need it cuz I think they are about 10 years after the resurgence.
These documentaries have such a "reality" show feel to them it makes me wonder of the motives behind them. It also makes me think why haven't we had a show like the "Voice" or "Rock Star" recently?

I am going to wager that the "getting the failed band back together" angle is simply for entertainment/documentary purposes. Googling the guys, it looks like they have a production company dating back to at least the MySpace days, and one of the two directed a doc about (or relating to or in the name, I didn't investigate fully) Cambodia in 2011.

Given the success of some recent indie rock/metal docs, and the general buzz that a lot of them get, not to mention the built in niche/cult audience for lesser known metal or rock bands, well I am quite sure there is a lot more to be had by making a documentary about trying to get your old hair metal band going again then actually getting your old hair metal band going again (unless your old hair metal band actually had hits or at least a devoted local audience).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:26 am

I agree. Very well stated, sir. There is a part of me wondering "why" make a documentary? If you want to have a band, then just go and do it. But, I believe you answered that question for me.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 3:30 pm

I dunno. Looks like an interesting watch to me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:48 pm

I'd watch this.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 6:56 am

I'd watch it too. It is a little contrived but might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Ron Keel? Really? Les Warner, Who?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair I Go Again Documentary   Hair I Go Again Documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair I Go Again Documentary
Page 1 of 1