Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary

Go down 
+3
Glower
nevermore
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 4:54 pm

The upcoming documentary "Mean Man" will explore the life and career of former W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes...

Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary ChrisHolmesMeanManPoster

Quote :
Cleopatra Entertainment has secured the North American, U.K., Australian, New Zealand and South African distribution rights to the documentary film "Mean Man: The Story Of Chris Holmes".

Written and directed by French filmmakers Antoine De Montremy and Laurent Hart (whose music production career includes televised interviews with SCORPIONS, DEEP PURPLE, SLAYER, GUNS N' ROSES and more), "Mean Man: The Story Of Chris Holmes" was a project that was born in 2014 after they had an opportunity to meet and direct Holmes in a music video for the Holmes-penned song "Let It Roar" in Cannes, France. At that time, the former W.A.S.P. guitarist had more or less disappeared from the music scene, leaving his home in the U.S. to seek a new beginning with his wife Sarah in France. Not content with merely directing a music video for the reborn Holmes, De Montremy pursued his bigger dream of writing and directing a documentary film about this iconic metal guitar legend, and for the next several years shadowed him throughout Europe while filming everything from band rehearsals, to recording sessions to live performances.

By creatively combining archival footage, interviews with past and present band members and musical peers, family members and childhood friends — interspersed with beautifully filmed concert performances of Holmes's current solo band — De Montremy skillfully portrays the story of an iconic guitar player who has lived a life of extreme highs and lows. After losing the publishing rights of his own songs and combatting dangerous addictions, the legendary W.A.S.P. guitarist is shown starting over from scratch while living at his mother-in-law's in Cannes, France as he puts together, with his wife, a brand new band and a brand new musical role as not only the main guitarist, but now as the actual lead singer of this newly born musical project aptly named MEAN MAN.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 pm

This actually looks like it made be pretty good!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 7:51 am

Basically was granted NO publishing rights from Blackie ? ZIP. ZILCH.
It’s like Jake E Lee ripped off by Sharon.
I did stop liking WASP when Chris left. Never bought a CD past that era.
Blackie hold a guitar ? I don’t think so. Blackie ain’t that cool.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am

My fellow Truther Chris Holmes. Much love, Mean Man.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 5:22 pm

He sings like Lemmy!

Looks like a cool documentary. I’m sure his infamous pool scene from The Decline of Western Civilization will be mentioned. Smile
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Huge WASP fan, so I'll probably watch it.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 6:43 pm

This documentary is currently streaming on the "Tubi" free TV service/app... gonna watch it tonight.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 9:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This documentary is currently streaming on the "Tubi" free TV service/app... gonna watch it tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m gonna check it out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 11:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Some other rock docs are showing on there as well. Kings Of Sleaze on The Mentors, Death by Metal on Chuck Schuldiner and some on hardcore are all being shown.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I’m gonna check it out.

Will do so too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 10:57 am

If you're an Amazon Prime member you can see "Mean Man" there as well.

I got a kick out of this doc. Long time W.A.S.P. fans probably won't learn anything new from it (I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear that Blackie Lawless is an egomaniac dick) but the scenes showing Chris trying to adapt to his new life in France (though he refuses to learn French) are fun to watch. He and his wife make an odd looking couple as they walk their little foo-foo dog down a Paris street together. Laughing very hard

Surprisingly Chris doesn't seem all that bitter about the W.A.S.P. thing turned out. He's just like "Yeah, well, it happened, whatever, moving on." He seems happy that he's sober and still able to go out on stage and make noise for his fans.

...he still can't sing worth a damn, though after his experience with Blackie and "LSD" (aka "Lead Singer's Disease")  I can understand his reluctance to hire a vocalist...

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 5:16 pm

I watched the movie today. Kinda boring for a crazy character like him...

More about his childhood and early years would’ve been nice. Everyone already knew that Blackie is a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary   Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Holmes "Mean Man" Documentary
Page 1 of 1