Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
nevermore
the sentinel
Witchfinder
Hadley
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Anyone else think this album is highly underrated? Of Alice's 80s albums i might even place this one on top. I was just listening to Roses on White Lace today and it reminded me of just how great this album really is, it still has Alice's trademark horror vibe, mixed in with some serious sounding metal

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:41 pm

It's my favorite Alice Cooper album because it's his most "metallic."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:52 pm

I like it. In fact, this is where I became a fan of Alice, during the glammy comeback years that most fan boys detest or look down on. "Prince of Darkness" is a great tune. Album opener, "Freedom" rocks and of course, "Roses" is awesome.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 pm

It's a great album!! Very underrated!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 am

I got it cheap at Walmart years ago. Definitely his best from that era.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 7:25 pm

I used to own it on cassette back in the day. I thought it was rather good and was the only Coop I owned for the longest time.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 12:49 am

Killer album, Kip Winger was on top of his game big time, songwriting-wise
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 11:55 am

Fist is definitely underrated.

Though I'm biased in that I definitely discovered Alice in his glammy-er era with Trash (so Constrictor and Fist were immediate purchases at that time). And I also think every Coop album is good, to some extent (the low point for me is Brutal Planet/Dragontown, but even those have stuff I like on them).

I do think his 86-91 era stuff is a bit more appreciated now than it was for a long time, as kids who discovered him at the time are now adults and stuff. I can understand the kind of negative view of it by longtime fans when it came out, but based on previous material...things are different now though.

The album I really think is underrated around these parts is Trash. He was certainly aiming for more of a commercial audience with that one, no question...but good tunes are good tunes, and that album has 'em, front to back, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 12:28 pm

I owned it when it first came out but unlike his 70s material it has had no staying power with me over the years. Just not the sound I'm interested in hearing when I'm in the mood for Alice Cooper.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:02 pm

It was definitely the best of "metal" Alice and one of my favorites. Much better than Constrictor, the band was tighter Raise Your Fist and the songs were overall much better. Best of the 80's though? Nah, that'd go to Special Forces for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell   Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell
Page 1 of 1