Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those NOT in a band

Go down 
+17
Addy
Thelemech
muckie
Thrasher73
Citanul
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
Gilbert
Wurthless
bgsully
the sentinel
thejokeriv
corplhicks
Boris2008
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Band Member?
Vox
For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Guitar
For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 17 ]
Bass
For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Drums
For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
....keyboards.....
For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
If I could go back in time to when I started learning music I think I would have added keyboards to my arsenal.  My appreciation of keyboards has increased exponentially over the years but I'm feeling a little too old to try and tackle another instrument at this late juncture.  

Don't let age get in the way. if you have experience/knowledge in reading music and/or music theory. Keys are not that hard to learn if you already play guitar.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Rhythm guitar.
Because It's more important than the bass playing, but not the center of attention like vocals or lead guitar.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Forgive my anecdotal session here.

When I was a teenager my dream was to front a trad heavy metal-hard rock band by the name of Truth & Lies. This was to be glossy, slick, thick n heavy. But I wasn't to play guitar in this band, oddly enough. I was to be a powerhouse vocalist in the vein of Sebastian Bach. I envisioned my lead guitarist as being my first crush--her name was Kelli, smokin' hot babe, knew nothing about metal or guitar haha--just for the hell of it (and in the name of feminism I suppose). I had three albums of songs written--titles like "Burn in Hell," "Born Under A Bad Sign," "Roadkill," "City of Sin," "Cry of the Criminally Insane," and the obligatory weepers, "Love for Miles," and "Miracles." I even designed the logo. Day and night were filled with daydreams of Mtv videos and arena concerts. And my marriage to Kelli being featured in Metal Edge.

Ah, to be young again.

Corp., this is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 12:00 am

30 years younger and and 30 lbs lighter I'd go guitar and vocals, think Butch Walker.

Always played guitar and just well enough to be in a fistful of bands and around the scene, but I cared more for chasing tail and getting wasted than actually taking music seriously.

Nowadays, I still play from time to time and like to write and sing as well. My kids enjoy themselves when we play together...
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 am

martinsane wrote:
30 years younger and and 30 lbs lighter I'd go guitar and vocals, think Butch Walker.

Always played guitar and just well enough to be in a fistful of bands and around the scene, but I cared more for chasing tail and getting wasted than actually taking music seriously.

Nowadays, I still play from time to time and like to write and sing as well. My kids enjoy themselves when we play together...

The only recognition or fame I ever desired to achieve through music is simply to influence other people, fans and musicians alike, to create similar stuff and counter the current trends in modern music. Even if our/my audience was niche, it's better to have a strong cult following than to be famous and not have to change your style to fit an industry you don't really like. Unfortunately, a lot of bands have claimed that then fallen into their hands. But think the Musashi "two-sword" business philosophy of Japan: If your taste is varied enough, you can write for popular artists in a style that is yours while still being relatively commercial, as well as doing your own niche stuff on the wayside.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:35 am

Guitar
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those NOT in a band
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2