Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those NOT in a band

Go down 
+17
Addy
Thelemech
muckie
Thrasher73
Citanul
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
Gilbert
Wurthless
bgsully
the sentinel
thejokeriv
corplhicks
Boris2008
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Band Member?
Vox
For those NOT in a band Vote_lcap25%For those NOT in a band Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Guitar
For those NOT in a band Vote_lcap53%For those NOT in a band Vote_rcap
 53% [ 17 ]
Bass
For those NOT in a band Vote_lcap6%For those NOT in a band Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Drums
For those NOT in a band Vote_lcap9%For those NOT in a band Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
....keyboards.....
For those NOT in a band Vote_lcap6%For those NOT in a band Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

For those NOT in a band Empty
PostSubject: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:11 pm

What position would you like to hold in a METAL band? Please no "Merch Guy" or "Manager". Stick with the poll you silly rabbits.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:12 pm

I play a little bass gtr. But I think lead gtr would be fun as hell, personally.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:14 pm

I voted "vox" because everyone knows the frontman gets the chicks.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Back in prehistoric times I was a shouter for a punk band but I always wanted to be a metal guitarist,
I think that I had a lot of pent up guitar hero/cum face moves going to waste.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:55 pm

My vocal style isn't metal at all but being a metal guitarist was my dream for the longest time. Yet unlike Toho I wouldn't be getting any chicks...Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 7:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
My vocal style isn't metal at all but being a metal guitarist was my dream for the longest time. Yet unlike Toho I wouldn't be getting any chicks...Sad

Guitar players get the "leftovers". Take that as you will. Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Guitar of course! My friend and I need a drummer and singer (have the bass player) to make the band happen.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Guitar players get the "leftovers".  Take that as you will. Laughing very hard

Dem sloppy seconds. Laughing
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 pm

I am a born shredder!!! Move aside Malmsteen!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Guitar for me; though I love to sing too.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm more of a guitarist than a singer, but I'd love to be a metal frontman. But like in a trve-arcane USPM band from the early 80s that no one has heard of except for like 12 people in some dark corner of the internet somewhere.

Sadly there would be very little over the top falsetto. Sad
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Forgive my anecdotal session here.

My first band was an alternative metal group known as Tear. I was lead guitarist. Played a black Jackson Dinky Reverse with a custom pickup setup through a crappy Crate half-stack and Boss GT3 pedal board (actually my first pedal was a Korg, the one endorsed by the dude from White Zombie). Had long hair at the time and wore a red bandana wrapped around my head and underneath my hair. I was all over the place, a total spaz, jumping on my amp and shit. The music was pretty damn dark and groove-laden, a little against my grain since I wanted to play more power metal types with more leads, but it was fun stuff, and our drummer and bassist were phenomenal players. We got our name out fairly well for the local scene and did a few demos, lasted about five years. Then we all grew up.

When I was a teenager my dream was to front a trad heavy metal-hard rock band by the name of Truth & Lies. This was to be glossy, slick, thick n heavy. But I wasn't to play guitar in this band, oddly enough. I was to be a powerhouse vocalist in the vein of Sebastian Bach. I envisioned my lead guitarist as being my first crush--her name was Kelli, smokin' hot babe, knew nothing about metal or guitar haha--just for the hell of it (and in the name of feminism I suppose). I had three albums of songs written--titles like "Burn in Hell," "Born Under A Bad Sign," "Roadkill," "City of Sin," "Cry of the Criminally Insane," and the obligatory weepers, "Love for Miles," and "Miracles." I even designed the logo. Day and night were filled with daydreams of Mtv videos and arena concerts. And my marriage to Kelli being featured in Metal Edge.

Ah, to be young again.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 11:04 pm

NOT IN A BAND CORP-Y! just messing. I also had a band like that - logo and everything. I called it Vaginal Itch. You really don't want to see my prop-ups of the logo [just envision an "I" itching a "V"]
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 11:38 pm

I did some singing and I was ok at it. But we stopped over a year ago. I would love to play guitar and write those heavy riffs.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 11:46 pm

I would choose drummer. I've always thought women drummers were cool (and uncommon). As a kid, I was really impressed with the drummer of the Go-Go's because she was the driving force of "We Got The Beat" (at the time, one of the harder rocker songs I knew, Laughing very hard). Plus, my late uncle was a professional drummer, so it's in my blood.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:42 am

I voted "vox", I used to practice singing in a friends band, before some issues with my vocal chords stopped me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
I voted "vox" because everyone knows the frontman gets the chicks.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 am

I voted bass because that's my current instrument. Being the singer or lead guitarist does sound appealing, but I think bass fits my personality better as I'm much happier being in the background rather than up front.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 3:13 am

Drums of course. I've played since middle school and had a couple bands through high school and after.I haven't played in a loooooong time but they're still sitting in the basement waiting for me to come visit. Haha! I miss playing maybe I'll go down there and play..... nah I'll just sit here and think about it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 7:03 am

corplhicks wrote:
her name was Kelli, smokin' hot babe, knew nothing about metal or guitar haha--just for the hell of it (and in the name of feminism I suppose).

Sounds a lot more like the fact that you would have done literally anything to get into her knickers, which isn't entirely the same thing as feminism!  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 7:59 am

I chose guitar. I want to eventually attempt to record songs. I've been rambling about it to friends and family for years but never had the right setup or environment to do any practical recording. I was trying to get a band going years ago that was influenced by video game stuff but I gave more time to thinking about it than actually trying to make anything. And the guys who would've been potential bandmates ditched me cold before we ever really got to know each other. In that time frame, I was dabbling with keyboards, but never got good. Finally bought a $600 Korg keyboard that I'm still trying to sell. It got used more as a desk than an actual instrument and just drives me nuts. As much as I love electronic music, including sound programming and textures, I never really got too into keyboards after that because I didn't like the type of keys it had, the sounds, or both. Guitar is the only other instrument I'd want to play that I like both sound and feel of, and the genres its used in. I would not say I'm aspiring to be a metal musician but rather a metal-influenced musician, mostly in classic/traditional heavy metal sounds. Some of the bands I listen to are basically pop-rock groups with influences from metal on the lead guitar. I don't know if I could actually work with a full-time band though. That dream is kind of slipping away now that I've discovered other avenues in life, though not songwriting as a whole.

Lastly, even though I go around the house singing a lot, I'm not trained enough in actual singing to really perform in that vein.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:07 am

I went with the guitar. It's something I always wanted to do but for some reason I never picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 10:23 am

Guitar - I would love to be able to play but never had the self discipline to learn.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 11:46 am

I pick the Webmaster of their site..... Smile

I voted Guitar headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 11:49 am

If I could go back in time to when I started learning music I think I would have added keyboards to my arsenal. My appreciation of keyboards has increased exponentially over the years but I'm feeling a little too old to try and tackle another instrument at this late juncture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those NOT in a band   For those NOT in a band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those NOT in a band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next