Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you swear?

Go down 
+28
Tall Tyrion
Addy
DallasBlack
GrandNational
KissinMaiden
Shiney
sovdat
the sentinel
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal Misfit
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Smindas
TheGooch
MoonChild
kmorg
spiritoradio
mc666
Fat Freddy
stormspell
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you swear?
Never
Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Rarely; I try my best not to
Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Occasionally
Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
A lot
Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Pretty much every day
Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 13 ]
Only when referencing a lyric, song title, movie phrase, etc.
Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Do you swear? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Do you swear? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 5:37 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Kinda off topic, but there's a funny side issue here that I've always found interesting. "Substitute" swear words (Friggin', Shoot, Gosh Darn, Gol'Dang, Heck, etc.). Does anyone use them a lot?

Oh yea, I do that all the time, especially around the kids. "Shoot" gets used a lot, and I even made up one of my own. My favorite swear word of choice used to be "MotherF'er," which I modified to "mustard fudger"
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:22 am

Mine are:

Mother of Pearl!

Jesus, Mary, and JOSEPH!! (usually said in my very weak Scottish brogue) I'm ashamed of this one because Jesus is my Lord so it's as bad as any cuss word....but it just sounds good....
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:51 pm

i swear quite a lot but generally english ones that aren't really that bad. bugger, bloody, bollocks etc
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Unfortunately, yes. When I was putting myself through college, I worked my cousin's gas station for 6 years and that is what ruined me. Everyone I worked with dropped f-bombs constantly and I picked up on the habit. Peace. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 5:49 pm

Good f***in' thread, by the way!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:44 pm

All the time. haha Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 1:21 pm

This one's kind of goofy.....I forgot all about it. It evolved
from playing with my kids and now sometimes when somethings not going well I'll yell out "ixe, i grec, zede!!" I just like how it sounds and it's one of the few things I remember from French class 18 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:19 pm

I swear alot...more than I'd like....BUT I work in retail and nothing can drive me from my curse-less course quicker than a few dimwitted customers first thing in the morning...next thing I know I'm hip deep in the swear words...

I do watch it around my boys....they learned their swearing om their mother....

Last edited by on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Sadly, i cuss alot.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:52 pm

I try my best to stay as clean as possible, but like any human being I miss the mark more often than I would like to admit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:59 pm

I know I shouldn't swear since I'm 12, but I do. I don't say it in front of parents but with my friends and when I'm alone I do. Not in every single sentence just sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My favorite swear word of choice used to be "MotherF'er," which I modified to "mustard fudger"

Laughing very hard

that's priceless. will remember.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:57 pm

I swear much less than I used to but more than I should. But my favorite is not as recognizable by most Americans. I like to say s*** in German.

Creative replacements are the best though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 5:54 pm

I try very hard not to but if I get really irratated, my words make paint peel of the walls. I on the other hand don't blame comedians or movies because self control is most important and sometimes I lack that. The only words I don't worry much about (depending on who I'm around) are a**, damn, and hell. I use substitue words like son of a Hilary Clinton, or freakin, and oh crap to help curb my language.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:38 am

I swear more than I want to.... something i have been trying so hard to curb and eventually eliminate all together
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 am

I used to swear quite frequently, but not for many years now. I still picked "rarely" for the poll, though, because I let loose on occasion, although I try not to.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:15 am

is it a thing in america not to swear cos over in the united kingfom it seems to be going the other way and being acceptable to swear apart from the f word
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:29 am

TheGooch wrote:
is it a thing in america not to swear cos over in the united kingfom it seems to be going the other way and being acceptable to swear apart from the f word

It's a Christian thing as well as a cultural thing. The Bible warns about using coarse language which of course depends on where you are. If a word is considered filthy in the area in which you are in then you are supposed to refrain from it. In the end it is really supposed to be between the individual and God but a person is to avoid using it in company in where it would be unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:54 am

yeah we have that hear you would not swear in inappropriate company it would be insulting and bad mannered but we still say smurf poo and crap all the time everywhere else it seems these days as well as all the blasphemous things such as bloody hell and my god
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:15 pm

All the f**king time.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 pm

TheGooch wrote:
yeah we have that hear you would not swear in inappropriate company it would be insulting and bad mannered but we still say smurf poo and crap all the time everywhere else it seems these days as well as all the blasphemous things such as bloody hell and my god

Funny you mention bloddy hell - most people in the US don't know that it is derivied from "blood of Christ" - I didn't know until some British army officer my Dad worked with at the pentagon years ago told me - I was being smart about UK slang and got the low down on it
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:29 pm

I did'nt until I started working on cars for a living.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 6:51 pm

Yea, I try hard to swear less, but some of the people who I hang around with like to just out of no were just string out a nice long bit of cussing, with every single cuss word you can think of. But there great guy's so I put up with it. And I can stop swearing at any time, up till now, it's been all good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:41 am

I slipped and said the "F" word in front of my son yesterday (I was washing dishes and cut my hand on a knife)... I still feel bad about it. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I slipped and said the "F" word in front of my son
Filabuster? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you swear?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-