Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you swear?

Go down 
+28
Tall Tyrion
Addy
DallasBlack
GrandNational
KissinMaiden
Shiney
sovdat
the sentinel
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal Misfit
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Smindas
TheGooch
MoonChild
kmorg
spiritoradio
mc666
Fat Freddy
stormspell
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you swear?
Never
Do you swear? Vote_lcap3%Do you swear? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Rarely; I try my best not to
Do you swear? Vote_lcap16%Do you swear? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Occasionally
Do you swear? Vote_lcap24%Do you swear? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
A lot
Do you swear? Vote_lcap21%Do you swear? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Pretty much every day
Do you swear? Vote_lcap34%Do you swear? Vote_rcap
 34% [ 13 ]
Only when referencing a lyric, song title, movie phrase, etc.
Do you swear? Vote_lcap2%Do you swear? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:55 pm

Well? Do you not swear at all, ever?

Do you swear only when something really infuriates you?

Do you swear on a daily basis, and are unable to go a whole hour without saying "f**k"?

Do you swear only when referencing a movie phrase, song title, song lyric, etc. (e.g. "Enough is enough! I've had it with these muthaf**kin' snakes on this muthaf**kin' plane!")?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Not out loud, but I'll mutter under my breath....maybe not the best practice but it's oh so cathartic.....
Back to top Go down

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 pm

Like a pirate!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:07 pm

Like a sailor
Back to top Go down

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:26 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Like a sailor
That's the one I was looking for! I thought pirate sounded off. lol!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:39 pm

if "sh*t" counts then I swear every hour, else a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:05 pm

Pirates arrgh sailors!! Why are the nautical people so profane?? All that water and being cooped up with other dudes for so long must enrage people....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Not around the house due to two sets of tiny ears, but once I'm away from the kids, I'm afraid I swear quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:23 am

a swear alot, but i'm always conscious of it. i never swear in front of a woman.

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:45 am

I know I shouldn't, but I do all the time. I think it is because of people like George Carlin and the like, along with movie that glorify profanity. So yeah I swear a bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Not around the house due to two sets of tiny ears, but once I'm away from the kids, I'm afraid I swear quite a bit.

That is me too, sort off. I use words that are considered as awearing in some parts of the world, every day.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 am

Option #2 for me. I really don't, except in a few occassions when some morons do nonsense on the road! I hate idiotic road behaviour! Like turning without giving a signal, or pedestrians jumping onto the road, and creeps overtaking me and then taking a sudden turn to left (we drive in the left side of the road).....
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:57 am

i wont use the f word in front of my parents but i will use the lesser words all the time so i guess i swear every day yeah
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:00 am

All the f*cking time.

No, but seriously, I swear a bit, usually around friends or at times of infuriation. At home, I'm pretty mild, language-wise.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 8:13 am

Pretty much like Kmorg and Freddy.I dont swear much at home because of my little girl,but out of the house I do it more than I should
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:07 am

I put down occasionally but lately i've been getting mad alot and it just happens.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:56 am

I do my best not to, especially in front of women and never in front of children. I'm usually pretty good about it, but I'm not afraid to tell a good joke or to make a point when I'm among my male friends.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I do my best not to, especially in front of women and never in from of children. I'm usually pretty good about it, but I'm not afraid to tell a good joke or to make a point when I'm among my male friends.

I dont usually in front of women unless I know them and they do.
Back to top Go down

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:26 am

Quite alot unfortunately.Though i do try to make a conscious decision to try and avoid those GD bombs.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:33 am

Yeah, I struggle with it too! I'm easily angered/frustrated at stupid
little things and that just seems like its always there at the tip of
my tongue. But I'm always aware of it, trying to do better. I don't
always DO better though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Depends on the situation - not in front of my kids, sometimes at work, driving in traffic (lol) some swear words I refuse to use (GD, etc)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:04 pm

I've never got in the habit, so it's no struggle to avoid doing it. I save it for dropping something on my foot or pounding my thumb with a hammer. If I used those words all the time, they would lose their impact in situations like that where I need them.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:59 pm

I swear pretty much every day. I try not to in front of a woman, clergy (pastor's, bishops, reverends, pick your name), etc. If someone asks me not to as well, I will try not to.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:04 am

Under my breath and in my head.

Other than that, just in quoting something else. It's never been my style.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:39 am

Kinda off topic, but there's a funny side issue here that I've always found interesting. "Substitute" swear words (Friggin', Shoot, Gosh Darn, Gol'Dang, Heck, etc.). Does anyone use them a lot?
I come from a very religious familiy, but they use these modified words all the time! Constantly! These aren't reformed people trying to break a bad habit either; I'm pretty sure that the actual cuss words are so far from their everyday conciousness that they've never made the connection and use the "virtual" swearing in complete innocence. I think if they ever realized what they were doing they would promptly stop.
The funniest example is my elderly aunt. She eats, sleeps, and breathes religion- but she says "Shoot" all the time for punctuation. What's more, she has a stong Finnish accent, so the "OO" in Shoot sounds more like an "I" sound when she says it. So what people who don't know her well hear is this monumentally pious old lady who seems to mention smurf poo every other sentence or so. Another funny but true picture.

p.s.- I also had a cousin, a minister's son, who would say "Judas Priest!" (substitute for J.C.) all the time. That was before the band became popular. I don't hear that one very much anymore since the band became famous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you swear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you swear?   Do you swear? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you swear?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: