Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing

Go down 
+20
glassprison
journeyman
Glower
MoonChild
TheGreatDuck
MetalGuy71
Vexer6
James B.
Citanul
Wurthless
Leatherface
Gilbert
ultmetal
the sentinel
nevermore
QuothTheRaven
Boris2008
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 10:08 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
IMO RnR HoF is pointless and should have never existed in the first place.

I do not know about that, but this thing called RnR HoF has become a joke of late. Either they are stupid, or they are making the fans stupid. Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 352445
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 11:41 am

It's their own little niche club run by a small group who vote in whoever "they" want. It confounds a lot of people because there is really no established set of criteria (albums sold, years active, records set for revenue or attendance, etc.) for induction. It further angers and confuses fans of legendary acts who aren't in yet when they see non Rock and Roll artists get inducted. I have never been there (and probably never will go there) but I wonder if they have separate "wings" for the Disco, Pop, Rap, and Folk, etc. artists/ bands they induct. In my humble opine, it should be called either the Music Hall of Fame or something other than Rock and Roll. Using R&R as an umbrella term is silly and probably used to purposely cause consternation and drum up business/ publicity. Just my two pennies worth.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 11:50 am

Motorhead.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 1:51 pm

I thought that votes along with the committee decided on who got it, just like the baseball and football hall of fames. Everything is rock n roll, until its not. So much music has been released, that its pretty much has to be sub divided. Maybe the name should change, but to what. How does the industry and fans honor the contributions collectively and could multiple music hall of fames be sustained. I think Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Yes should be in the RnR HoF. I also think that, all of the members of a band should be inducted and not just the popular lineup barring maybe some conditions, and/or at the least should be honorable mentions for those that were part of the band for a brief period.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Cheap Trick!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
IMO RnR HoF is pointless and should have never existed in the first place.

THIS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 7:17 pm

It's not exactly hurting anything by existing though. It's easy enough to ignore.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Well it definitely needs to exist, it just shouldn't be in Cleveland, of all places. Razz
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Multiple "music" halls of fame "could" exist, but it probably would depend on where they are located. I still feel they should have some sort of criteria for entrance and also, the fans should have a say.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:20 am

Y&T
Ted Nugent
Pat Benatar
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:38 am

sad that some of this discussion is going in the predicted path

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame - The HoM Wing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2