Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray: no world order

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Gamma Ray: no world order Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray: no world order   Gamma Ray: no world order Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:48 pm

What are your thoughts on this splendid gamma ray album?

The painkiller-like "eagle" is alone worth buying the entire album.

and the riffs are so memorable.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray: no world order   Gamma Ray: no world order Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Didn't like it originally. Thought Power Plant was much better and this was a step back. I've later warmed up to it. I think Fire Below made me change my mind.

There's also a bunch of instant pleasers like Damn the Machine and, well, pretty much the entire first half of the record. Dethrone Tyranny rules.

Lake of Tears I don't like. Too unoriginal and pretentious.

I think I still prefer Power Plant and Majestic to this, but it's close. I should give it another listen now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray: no world order   Gamma Ray: no world order Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:27 pm

I like I a lot. In fact it was the first GR album I ever got. A dude that worked at the local gas station burned me a copy. I used to always work the closing shift at my store on Saturday nights and I would stop and gas up my vehicle on the way home. We go to talking music one night and found we both liked a lot of the same stuff. Been a fan ever since.

I would put majestic as my least favorite by them. Not a bad album, just really dark.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray: no world order   Gamma Ray: no world order Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

This was my first Gamma Ray album and the only one I revisit.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray: no world order   Gamma Ray: no world order Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:05 am

I think it's really good. Heaven Or Hell , Solid and Heart Of The Unicorn are standout tracks for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray: no world order   Gamma Ray: no world order Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray: no world order
Page 1 of 1