Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Cat Is In Bad Shape

Go down 
+8
mikeinfla
Lari
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
tohostudios
DallasBlack
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Cat Is In Bad Shape   My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Sorry about the loss of your cat, DB.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My Cat Is In Bad Shape   My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:08 pm

bassman wrote:
Sorry about the loss of your cat, DB.

Thanks! Now we have new cat. Not as affectionate as Shiloh was and he wasn't super affectionate to begin with, but she is a sweet cat nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Cat Is In Bad Shape   My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 pm

They come around sometimes. You don't know what they've been through so maybe once she gets to know you she'll be more affectionate.

Godiva wasn't super affectionate either at first; she spent about a week just hiding after I brought her home. But eventually she became like a little puppy, following me around everywhere and just wanting to be wherever I was. She never did warm to being picked up; in fact she absolutely hated it. But if I sat down to watch TV she'd sit right next to me.

My "new" cat Loosie isn't quite as much of a "puppy" but she likes to be picked up, or more accurately, wants you to pick her up so she can sit on your shoulder. Of course since she weighs 17 pounds, that doesn't last very long.

Anyway, bottom line is that all cats are different. My advice is just give Violet a few weeks until she gets more comfortable in her new home, then maybe you'll have a better idea of her true personality.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My Cat Is In Bad Shape   My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
They come around sometimes.  You don't know what they've been through so maybe once she gets to know you she'll be more affectionate.

Godiva wasn't super affectionate either at first; she spent about a week just hiding after I brought her home.  But eventually she became like a little puppy, following me around everywhere and just wanting to be wherever I was.  She never did warm to being picked up; in fact she absolutely hated it.  But if I sat down to watch TV she'd sit right next to me.

My "new" cat Loosie isn't quite as much of a "puppy" but she likes to be picked up, or more accurately, wants you to pick her up so she can sit on your shoulder.  Of course since she weighs 17 pounds, that doesn't last very long.

Anyway, bottom line is that all cats are different.  My advice is just give Violet a few weeks until she gets more comfortable in her new home, then maybe you'll have a better idea of her true personality.

I will and don't get me wrong, I'm falling for the little lady. Though she is not the nuzzling type and I was able to do that with Shiloh even though he wasn't big on it. I just don't see that changing with Violet. As long as I just pet her and don't get too close to her face she's fine. If I get too close, she'll get up and walk away. So I just have to realize she won't be like most other cat's I've known. Shiloh sure wasn't and our relationship lasted 12+ happy years (happy with him, the past 12 years haven not been the greatest Wink).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Cat Is In Bad Shape   My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:33 am

Godiva didn't like you to get near her face either. In fact you sort of had to pet her from behind. If you brought your hand toward her head-on, she'd turn the other way. I think whoever had her before me used to swat her or something.

Loosie on the other hand is a major nuzzle. She's just too damn big to pick up.

PostSubject: Re: My Cat Is In Bad Shape   My Cat Is In Bad Shape - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Cat Is In Bad Shape
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2