Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out The Gate-British Style

Go down 
+26
Glower
thejokeriv
metaldude
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
Dark Horseman
Lurideath
glassprison
Troublezone
MoonChild
corplhicks
Thrasher73
exact33
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
chewie
Lari
Addy
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Witchfinder
James B.
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

LED ZEPPELIN
Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_lcap31%Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_rcap
 31% [ 11 ]
BLACK SABBATH
Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_lcap64%Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_rcap
 64% [ 23 ]
DEEP PURPLE
Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_lcap3%Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
URIAH HEEP
Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_lcap2%Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
WISHBONE ASH
Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_lcap0%Out The Gate-British Style  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Out The Gate-British Style  Empty
PostSubject: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 am

Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Uriah Heep
Wishbone Ash

The Skinny....
Led Zeppelin-S/T (1969) 8X PLATINUM RIAA, II-(1969) 12X PLATINUM RIAA, III, (1970) 6X PLATINUM RIAA. My favorite songs from each album, "Communication Breakdown", "Bring It On Home", and "Friends"

Black Sabbath-S/T (1970) PLATINUM RIAA, PARANOID-(1970) 4X PLATINUM RIAA, MASTER OF REALITY (1971) 2X PLAITINUM RIAA. My favorite songs from each, "N.I.B", "Electric Funeral", and "After Forever".

Deep Purple-SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE (1968), BOOK OF TALIESYN (1968), DEEP PURPLE (1969) My favorite songs from each album, "Hush", "Wring That Neck", and "Fault Line/The Painter"

Uriah Heep- S/T or AKA ...VERY 'EAVY...VERY 'UMBLE (1970), SALISBURY (1971), LOOK AT YOURSELF (1971) My favorite songs from each album, "Gypsy", "Bird Of Prey", and "July Morning"

Wishbone Ash-S/T (1970), PILGRAMAGE (1971), ARGUS (1972) My favorite songs from each album, "Phoenix", "The Pilgrim" and "The King Will Come"

Remember folks the first "3" albums by each band.....

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:56 am

Sabbath for me. Then Zep.

I only own later material by Deep Purple. I only own Abominog by Uriah Heep and I have nothing by Wishbone Ash.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:58 am

I chose Led Zeppelin. My favorite albums from Sabbath are after the first three. Same applies with Purple. Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash get overlooked by a lot of music fans, especially on this side of the Atlantic.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Sabbath for me.  Then Zep.

I only own later material by Deep Purple.  I only own Abominog by Uriah Heep and I have nothing by Wishbone Ash.

You should check out the first 3 Heep albums. I doubt you'd dig on Wishbone Ash, maybe ?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:01 am

James B. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Sabbath for me.  Then Zep.

I only own later material by Deep Purple.  I only own Abominog by Uriah Heep and I have nothing by Wishbone Ash.

You should check out the first 3 Heep albums.   I doubt you'd dig on Wishbone Ash, maybe ?

I'll add them all to my list. I've been meaning to check out Heep and Wishbone Ash, but you know how that goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:40 am

It's Sabbath by a mile for me, I do have a soft spot for early Purple though, underrated, I like those early Uriah Heep records and from the little I've heard I like Wishbone Ash. Led Zep remain a complete mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am

Had to go with Zep, but Sabbath is a very close second. I love Deep Purple, but I prefer later albums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Easily Black Sabbath for me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Black Sabbath

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin - flip a coin, all 6 albums are essential.

Deep Purple really hadn't figured out what they wanted to be yet (interviews with Jon Lord confirmed that) so those 3 albums have some interesting ideas, but they don't particularly gel.

The Uriah Heep albums are good (especially the debut and Look At Yourself) but I think Salisbury is an attempt that doesn't quite work and they quickly course-corrected for the third album.

The first 3 Wishbone Ash records are their best (for studio material), good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Sabbath then Zep.

I'm only mildly interested in Deep Purple and am more familiar with their latter work.

I think I only know a couple of Uriah Heep tunes and don't know any of Wishbone Ash.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Sabbath and Deep Purple for me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:16 pm

I never liked Led Zep I very much. II is great, and III has some good highlights.

Sabbath should own this poll. Heep is #2 for me, just because those 3 are all pretty great records.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Led Zeppelin - Cut my teeth on this band. Spent my very first summer paycheck to buy their discography.

Uriah Heep - I actually had BS in this position and then I really thought about it. Love the Heep! I still have the tape dubs (and MDs) that I made of the records.

Black Sabbath -  I dig Sabbath, but I listen to the first three Heep albums much more often and I have had the Heep albums for longer.

Deep Purple - I love DP, but they didn't get their groove on until after the first three or four albums.

Wishbone Ash - Those are three good opening albums, but don't compare to the rest. I'll have to listen to these again, though...........
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Lari wrote:
I never liked Led Zep I very much. II is great, and III has some good highlights.

Sabbath should own this poll. Heep is #2 for me, just because those 3 are all pretty great records.

I have to disagree with you about the first part and then agree with you about the Heep! Smile It's a crazy world!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Black Sabbath for me - with Led Zeppelin very close behind, as S.D. mentioned all six albums are essential.
Heep and Purple got better on later albums IMHO.

edit - I forgot Wishbone Ash but all I am familiar with from them is the debut that is ok and Argus that I find much better than the debut. Never been a huge fan though.

Last edited by Thelemech on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:58 pm

chewie wrote:

Wishbone Ash - Those are three good opening albums, but don't compare to the rest. I'll have to listen to these again, though...........

The first 3 albums and "Live Dates" are really the only ones I like. Wishbone Four really irritated me because of how much they simplified their sound...probably wanting to break through the US market. I preferred their earlier, quirkier, more "British" style.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:09 pm

I voted for BS - just to be fair.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:52 pm

SABBATH!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Sabbath!

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Zeppelin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Zeppelin!

Thanks. At least it's a different answer. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am

If Sabbath weren't here this would have been more of a challenge for me, but Sabbath it is. All these bands are splendid though. Heep is a childhood favorite, and Wishbone always transports me back to that time I'm so nostalgic for (though I was born later).
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 3:13 am

I am a sucker for all those classic bands. Ian Gillan my all time favourite singer. Led Zepp wow! Urah Heep amazing!

But the vote goes for the one and oly Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:03 am

I am Gillan didn't sing on any of those albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out The Gate-British Style    Out The Gate-British Style  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next