Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE

Go down 
+3
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
7 posters
AuthorMessage

BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Empty
PostSubject: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Some time ago I was watching an episode of Miami Vice that featured some insane guitar playing. I would rush out to the music store if I would know who's the artist or the band. But I don't have a f*cking clue.
This is what I'm talking about:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1935278214903063786
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5711268024085139234

I would really appreciate it if any of you would help me out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Just sounds like generic stuff created for the show. I know that Ted Nugent was in an episode or 2 during the "Little Miss Dangerous" album, but that is NOT Nugent.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:46 pm

No clue,but Welcome to the board
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Just sounds like generic stuff created for the show. I know that Ted Nugent was in an episode or 2 during the "Little Miss Dangerous" album, but that is NOT Nugent.
Well, I'm not too big on instrumental albums put out by guitar wizards like Vai, Malmsteen,... It gets old real fast IMO. But this stuff blew me away.
Yeah, it's possible that these guitar parts were put together by the composer of Miami Vice. Of course I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:20 pm

http://www.miamivicemusic.com/

This doesn't have all the answers, but it's a start. If it's not Jan Hammer, it was probably just some studio guitarist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Am I crazy or at the end of the 1st video, is that Gene Simmons's in the role of "defendant"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Am I crazy or at the end of the 1st video, is that Gene Simmons's in the role of "defendant"?

Close but too thin.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:14 pm

I also know that Suicidal Tendencies were in an episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Close but too thin.

I dunno about that. According to IMDB, he was on 1 episode of Miami Vice in 1985 as "Newton Blade". I didn't catch any name in that clip, but I think that's him. That would be right around the time Gene was getting into acting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Close but too thin.

I dunno about that. According to IMDB, he was on 1 episode of Miami Vice in 1985 as "Newton Blade". I didn't catch any name in that clip, but I think that's him. That would be right around the time Gene was getting into acting.

Here is the Newton Blade clip I found.
http://www.recidivism.org/2006/08/televised_programming_bulletin_12.html
Don Johnson's hair is longer in the first clip up top than in this one. But you may be right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Gene
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Close but too thin.

Don Johnson's hair is longer in the first clip up top than in this one. But you may be right.

Nope, you're right. Close but not Gene. What awful hair he has. Gene looks like the Sphinx.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Neil Schon made two albums with Jan Hammer. I have their anthology which leads off with the Miami Vice theme. Hammer also made albums with Jeff Beck and James Young of Styx. All this was before Miami Vice though I think, I doubt they would pay any of those guys just for background music; but Schon and Hammer did have some shred instrumentals; so perhaps they used something off that album?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:06 am

Used to have the episode with Gene on VHS. He played a drug dealer.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 am

That sure does look like Gene!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Close but too thin.

Nope, you're right. Close but not Gene. What awful hair he has. Gene looks like the Sphinx.

He does. They should have put HIM on the cover of "Hot in the Shade" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:43 pm

It is too bad that they don't list better credits for music in tv shows cuz there is a song from an episode of Hunter I have been tryin' to find for years. It's from the episode "Fire Man" and has lyrics that go something like this: "I want to die. I want to die in your arms, cuz I'm burnin' candles for you." It's metal, and the singer's voice reminds me of Jon Oliva. They would play it every time this guy would set fire to things with a flame thrower. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE   BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLAZING HEAVY METAL GUITAR SOLOS IN MIAMI VICE
Page 1 of 1