Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?

Go down 
+2
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
6 posters

Fall of Dorkas
Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_lcap0%Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
When Time Runs Out
Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_lcap50%Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Timeriders
Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_lcap17%Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Into the Fire
Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_lcap17%Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Revolution
Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_lcap0%Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Final Waltz
 0% [ 0 ]
Tsar
Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_lcap16%Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
The Hussar
 0% [ 0 ]
The Guardian
 0% [ 0 ]
Return of the Gods
 0% [ 0 ]
Silent Killer
 0% [ 0 ]
Victory
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Empty
PostSubject: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:18 am

Victory was the final in the trilogy of good versus evil themed albums and Woo Hoo! Evil wins! I’m just kidding. I don’t know about the themes of these albums. I’ll have to read the lyrics someday. Interestingly, according to Wikipedia, Victory is the only RW album to not contain a song about pirates.

Anyway, Victory was released January 10, 2000, so we are now out of the 1990s. I bought this on CD because there was a song I could not find on Youtube (I think it was “Into the Fire) and it is not available on Spotify. After popping it in and hearing the first two songs, I thought I struck gold, LOL! “Fall of Dorkas” and “When Time Runs Out” are awesome. Just blew me away. Unfortunately, the album didn’t keep up that pace.

The cover of “Revolution” seems a bit out-of-place. I’m not used to RW doing cover songs. They did Thin Lizzy’s “Genocide,” but that was a bonus track. There is nothing spectacular about this cover of the Beatles classic. The guitar work is nice, I guess. “The Final Waltz” is a short, instrumental filler track. “Tsar” I found interesting because it is about Tsar Nicholas II by whom I was intrigued when I was a history major waaaay back in my college days. Musically, though, it is rather disjointed and not a highlight.

Besides the first two songs, I like “The Guardian” and “Return of the Gods.” My choice for this poll is an easy one. “When Time Runs Out” grabbed hold of me on the first listen and has never let go. I play it almost every day since I first heard it. It is a little repetitive, but it is so catchy I find myself leaving my mp3 player’s shuffle mode to play it over and over. Great song!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:58 pm

TIMERIDERS gets my vote.

Next choice would have been Silent Killer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Going with When Time Runs Out
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Into the fire
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:59 pm

This is the album they started to lose me. When Time Runs Out is great and Timeriders and The Guardian are very good but after that, it's a very mediocre album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Tsar. But this album was rather lackluster for me. Weak production, and the songs really ran together.

You know, it's funny. Here is where we see Rolf running out of ideas and starting to really rehash past material. But how many albums had it taken to get to this point?? Goddamn, but that is saying a lot. Dude had a sense of the prolific and staying power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”?   Which Running Wild Song Gets the “Victory”? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1