Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?

Go down 
+3
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
7 posters

Chamber of Lies
Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_lcap0%Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Whirlwind
Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_lcap20%Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Sinister Eyes
Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_lcap20%Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Black Wings of Death
Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_lcap10%Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Fistful of Dynamite
Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_lcap10%Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Roaring Thunder
 10% [ 1 ]
Pile of Skulls
Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_lcap0%Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lead or Gold
 10% [ 1 ]
White Buffalo
 0% [ 0 ]
Jennings’ Revenge
 10% [ 1 ]
Treasure Island
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Empty
PostSubject: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:13 pm

“Pile of Skulls” was released on November 5, 1992. All songs, save for the title track, were written by Rolf Kasparek. The track “Jennings’ Revenge” was about a real pirate, Henry Jennings, and “Treasure Island” is about the book of the same name. This album, for me, posed an even greater challenge to find a stand-out track than “Blazon Stone.” If I was including the bonus tracks, it would be easy. “Win Or Be Drowned” or “Hanged, Drawn & Quartered” would get my vote immediately. They are both top 10 all-time RW tracks in my opinion. The latter would win out mainly for the incredible line “And they still have a grin on their face.” Why are these songs just bonuses?

There are some very catchy, memorable songs on here including “Fistful of Dynamite,” “Lead or Gold,” “Jennings’ Revenge” and “White Buffalo.” “Treasure Island” is very impressive. I really like the guitar part that starts around 7:05. At 11:14, though, it’s a bit on the long side. After many listens, I chose “Roaring Thunder.” I like the pounding tempo and, when the drums kick in at the bridge at 2:56, awesomeness!
Lots of good stuff on this album but, to me, it’s the bonus tracks that set this album apart. It loses a bit of its luster when those songs are disregarded.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:07 pm

This I s another one that is hard to pick out a favorite. Although Treasure Island is pretty cool, it is a bit long. Although any of these could be my choice , I decided to go with Fistful Of Dynamite.

And I believe the bonus tracks were the B-sides on the Lead Or Gold single. I'm not sure why they weren't included on the original release. They're certainly strong enough to be on the original album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:19 pm

I went with "Whirlwind."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 4:01 am

I vote Sinister Eyes over Whirlwind.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:13 am

This one is probably the most consistent RW album and I'd say their best, only after godly Port Royal. Every song is stellar, literally impossible to vote. Let it be "Treasure Island" with its killer instrumental section just for the competition.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:02 pm

7 votes for 7 different songs. That's really cool.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Many great songs but Whirlwind is one of those songs that sticks in my head.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:59 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
7 votes for 7 different songs. That's really cool.

Make that eight. Black Wings of Death is just haunting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”?   Which Song is on Top of Running Wild’s “Pile of Skulls”? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: