Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Palass- Queen of the World

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Palass- Queen of the World Empty
PostSubject: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Found this on Youtube the other day and have been groovin' on it ever since. They are from Belgium so the vocals are a bit different. I came across the title track while searching for some Steeler (Ger) and really liked it. I am guessing it is only on LP and probably never saw a CD pressing as there is nothing on either Amazon or the bay.

Last edited by the sentinel on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:00 pm

I have it.  It's only on vinyl, but there is a CD bootleg out there.  It's kind of an oddball record with weird vocals. The cover makes it look like power metal, but it's got an AOR sheen to it.  The vinyl goes for insane prices now.  

By the way, the band spells their name Palass, and is not to be confused with the prog-rock band Pallas from the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Also, they changed their name to Rescue in 1989 and re-recorded all the songs from Queen of the World with a new vocalist and released it with the album name Rescue also in 1989!

Here's the Rescue version:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Dupe.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Cool, thanks for the info, WF. Somehow I knew you would own this Smile Thank God for Youtube. It's cheaper to pay my cable bill than to go broke trying to track down rare stuff.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:36 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Cool, thanks for the info, WF. Somehow I knew you would own this Smile  Thank God for Youtube. It's cheaper to pay my cable bill than to go broke trying to track down rare stuff.

Yeah! At least we get to hear these albums before shelling out a ton of cash.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 11:06 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Found this on Youtube the other day and have been groovin' on it ever since. They are from Belgium so the vocals are a bit different. I came across the title track while searching for some Steeler (Ger) and really liked it. I am guessing it is only on LP and probably never saw a CD pressing as there is nothing on either Amazon or the bay.

Not bad, not bad at all. happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:34 pm

I actually like the original lead singer's voice better. It sort of gave it more of a distinct vibe and charm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palass- Queen of the World   Palass- Queen of the World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palass- Queen of the World
Page 1 of 1