Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solitude Aeturnus

Go down 
+3
Rex
mc666
candlemass
7 posters

Favorite Solitude Aeturnus Album
Into The Depths of Sorrow
Solitude Aeturnus Vote_lcap21%Solitude Aeturnus Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Beyond The Crimson Horizon
Solitude Aeturnus Vote_lcap29%Solitude Aeturnus Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Through The Darkest Hour
Solitude Aeturnus Vote_lcap29%Solitude Aeturnus Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Downfall
Solitude Aeturnus Vote_lcap0%Solitude Aeturnus Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Adagio
Solitude Aeturnus Vote_lcap14%Solitude Aeturnus Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Alone
Solitude Aeturnus Vote_lcap7%Solitude Aeturnus Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:08 am

Solitude Aeturnus are arguably one the best doom metal bands playing today.

What you wanna fight about it? :kickbutt: lol!

For those of you who love them as I do, what is your favorite album from them?

Last edited by on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:31 am

Adagio, by far! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:33 am

candlemass wrote:
Adagio, by far! 🤘

In the Hour of Despair DVD Robert and John say that is one of their favorites. I thought it was a bit long, but good. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:00 am

in order for me...
1.) Beyond The Crimson Horizon
2.) Into The Depths Of Sorrow
3.) Alone
4.) Through The Darkest Hour
5.) Downfall
6.) Adiago

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:13 am

I picked Through The Darkest Hour. That album simply crushes!

I don't know why Adagio gets so much flack; I think it's a great album. There are some seriously killer songs on this one. It's a bit different, but aside from the first two album, each follow-up has had it's own distinct style.

I hope someday that band gets the rights to the Downfall tapes from that turd at Pavement Music and they're able to remix and remaster it. I asked John recently and he said the guy still owns the right to them. That sucks. John said the album was heavy as hell when they turned it over to the label, then some drunkard came up with that terrible mix and the band never even got to hear it until the CD was released. Unfortunate.
Back to top Go down

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 am

Eyesore wrote:
I hope someday that band gets the rights to the Downfall tapes from that turd at Pavement Music and they're able to remix and remaster it. I asked John recently and he said the guy still owns the right to them. That sucks. John said the album was heavy as hell when they turned it over to the label, then some drunkard came up with that terrible mix and the band never even got to hear it until the CD was released. Unfortunate.

Yeah Downfall was my introduction to the band and the only reason I didn't list it as my favorite is because of that horrible mix & Through The Darkest Hour is tough to beat. Dare I say it is the greatest doom metal album ever? 🤘
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:03 pm

I voted for "Depths" but I meant to vote for "Beyond The Crimson Horizon". Next would probably be "Adagio".
Back to top Go down

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:18 pm

"Through The Darkest Hour" does crush.Lowe isn't doing too bad a job with "Candlemass" now..."King Of The Grey Islands" is a nice piece of work! Anyone who has heard SA's version of "Well Of Souls" will attest that he was indeed the right choice to replace Messiah-although no one can truly replace the fat man.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 3:15 pm

All of their albums are good, but my favorite is Into The Depths of Sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 3:21 pm

My vote went to Beyond The Crimson Horizon!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 pm

I'll go with their latest one, Alone, although they are all really good.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 6:53 pm

I said Through The Darkest Hour. But I like Downfall too, despite the production.
Back to top Go down

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:10 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
But I like Downfall too, despite the production.
A remix may be tough to handle at first, because after so long the production almost plays into the album, if that makes sense. Almost like it fits. Of course, this is likely just because after so long I've just gotten used to it. Regardless, Downfall is a great album. Much more of a straight-forward metal album than a doom album, but damn good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solitude Aeturnus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitude Aeturnus   Solitude Aeturnus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solitude Aeturnus
Page 1 of 1