Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KILLEN is coming to get you

Go down 
+15
thejokeriv
the sentinel
ultmetal
Citanul
nevermore
Boris2008
manny
Required Fields
exact33
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
stormspell
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 2:26 pm

stormspell wrote:
According to the label there is a TV commercial for the re-release KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 25679

Where in the hell would they air this? Local Staten Island cable television? Laughing very hard

Quote :
If I ever bought this, I would buy two copies, one to send to Fat Freddy because I do not believe in suffering alone

Send two of the sacred vynals, one to listen and one to keep in vault unopened, ehehehehehehehehe

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:31 am

Killen should reform. The greatest band that never made it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
stormspell wrote:
According to the label there is a TV commercial for the re-release KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 25679

Where in the hell would they air this? Local Staten Island cable television? Laughing very hard

Quote :
If I ever bought this, I would buy two copies, one to send to Fat Freddy because I do not believe in suffering alone

Send two of the sacred vynals, one to listen and one to keep in vault unopened, ehehehehehehehehe

the bigger question is why? A station should lose their license for playing that commercial.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 4:40 pm

manny wrote:

well there are 2 copies sold Smile

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Make it 3 b/c one has to be sacrificed to appease the almighty KILLEN!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Review for this "tr00 metal classic" coming soon on NoLifeTilMetal.com. I can't be tr00 without the mighty Killen on my site.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 2:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Review for this "tr00 metal classic" coming soon on NoLifeTilMetal.com. I can't be tr00 without the mighty Killen on my site.

tr00 HAIL TR00 METTLE WARRIORZ Ehehehehehehehehe!!! Killen strikes NoLifeTilMetal from above! Have you two of the sacred vinyls, one for to listen and one unopened for history?

...somebody stop me. I could talk like that all day. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Wellllll, this is certainly odd...

About a week ago, I got an e-mail out of the blue from someone who'd seen my HubPage about the Killen album. She said she was originally from Staten Island, NY (Killen's home base) and was surprised that someone out there remembered them. She also asked if I knew what any of the band members were up to nowadays. So I wrote back, thanking her for stopping by my page, and told her that last I'd heard, their album was due to be re-released late in 2015 and that they were planning some "reunion shows" for 2016.

... "Toni" just replied to me ... and revealed that the reason she contacted me is because she happens to be married to Vic Barron, Killen's lead singer. She went on to say that "He and I were very shocked to hear of this ridiculous re-release," and that "the whole Killen album was a lie." (she did not elaborate on what that meant.)

She also said that if I thought people would like to know the "real" story behind that album, Vic would be happy to do an interview to "set the record straight."

Wow! Needless to say, I was officially intrigued, haha. So I just wrote her back, "So you're saying your husband had nothing to do with the re-release of the Killen album, and is not taking part in the "reunion" shows that they have coming up? Suddenly this is getting VERY interesting!" (haha)

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to give an interview cuz I'm not a "pro" journalist, just a dork who blogs as a hobby, but I told her that I would love to hear the rest of the story if she or Vic were willing to write back and clue me in.

So now I just have to wait and see if I get any response. Either way, it sounds like the tr00 arcane steeeeeele of Killen may not be all it's cracked up to be. Ehehehehehehe!!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Wow, that's certainly weird. This could make Killen way more interesting than the actual music they created.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:08 pm

I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if "Toni" responds. If I get any inside scoop of course I'll share. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if "Toni" responds. If I get any inside scoop of course I'll share. Very Happy

This could be your Watergate moment. Exposing the whole dirty truth behind Troo Metal's Most Arcane Band. One little interview that unravels a whole scandal and brings Troo Metal fanboys to their knees.

Fat Freddy, the Woodward & Bernstein of METAL!! \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Fat Freddy, the Woodward & Bernstein of METAL!! \'arry \'eadbanger

I like that. If anything comes of this, I'm gonna get it engraved on a plaque and hang it over my computer. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Hope he writes back and you get a chance to talk to him. Hopefully he doesn't already know how much we have had fun at his band's expense!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Hope he writes back and you get a chance to talk to him. Hopefully he doesn't already know how much we have had fun at his band's expense!

Yeah, if I hear from him/her/them again, I will NOT mention the fact that the band has been a running gag around this board for years now. Very Happy

...just a little while ago my cell phone made the "PING" noise which means I got a new e-mail, so I got all excited... it was just Best Buy offering me great President's Day special deals.... I was soooo bummed! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:56 am

I heard back from "Toni" last night... disappointingly, she's playing her cards close to the vest, she didn't give away much scoop. She did clarify that her hubby "Vic" didn't know the album was being reissued till he read my page, and sez now that he knows, he is "talking to the band and is in negotiations at this time"...  

She also asked that I stay in touch cuz "this is just the tip of the iceberg, there is more to the story and it continues to unfold rapidly."

Make of that what you will, I guess. surprised

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:57 am

The plot thickens.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The plot thickens.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Quote :
She did clarify that her hubby "Vic" didn't know the album was being reissued till he read my page, and sez now that he knows, he is "talking to the band and is in negotiations at this time"...

Horrifying thought that just occurred to me!

I hope these "negotiations" don't turn into a Jack Russell/Great White sort of situation where we end up with two Killens...because then I'd have no one to blame but myself.  affraid

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
She did clarify that her hubby "Vic" didn't know the album was being reissued till he read my page, and sez now that he knows, he is "talking to the band and is in negotiations at this time"...  

Horrifying thought that just occurred to me!

I hope these "negotiations" don't turn into a Jack Russell/Great White sort of situation where we end up with two Killens...because then I'd have no one to blame but myself.  affraid

She probably wondered over to HoM and read ever single post that had Killen in the post and said to heck with the interview......

But, then again, 2 Killens would add up to double the fun posting about them!
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
But, then again, 2 Killens would add up to double the fun posting about them!

I'm waiting in eager anticipation for the poll: Killen vs Vic Barron's Killen/Killen featuring Vic Barron (depending on which one he goes with).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:23 am

I got another cryptic message from Mrs. Vic Barron today.

She sez if I would like to get to know "the real Vic Barron" I should check out his newly created Facebook page, since he is "being misrepresented in the Killen book of fiction." So naturally I couldn't resist, and took a look.

On said FB page, Vic describes himself as a "Progressive Fusion Bass Player" and goes on to say:

"I had no intention of setting up a Facebook, however it's been brought to my attention that several web sites have been posting images of me without my permission. In addition, much misinformation is also being propagated by those behind the web sites.

I am not associated with any bands at this time. Today I'm writing Progressive Fusion Bass instrumentals.
"

...maybe it's just me but I'm starting to get a David St. Hubbins/Janine Pettibone vibe from Mr. and Mrs. Barron, right down to the whole Jazz Odyssey thing Laughing very hard

Vic is very careful not to mention Killen by name in his "bio" but this bit is definitely aimed at them. Note his comments about the infamous debut album (emphasis mine):

"Any vocals I did when I was a teen were nothing more than experimentation, glorified demo tracks that for some reason were used for a final recording.

Not all my vocals were bad. Some had their high points, but other vocals I did were clearly experimental and not meant for the final mix. However, along with a poor production they were used anyway.

I was an ambitious kid who was willing to try just about anything musical, and today 20 plus years later with much criticism, people still want to take the attempts of a beginner teen all too seriously. Re-mixing, re-mastering, re-packaging and re-releasing glorified demo tracks is like putting lipstick on a pig. Tracks like that aren't ready for the marketplace nor do they justify a top dollar price tag. My point is that there is some good writing that could have been even better if they had used a real producer, a vocalist with experience, and if they knew what they wanted from the beginning. The entire project was plagued with problems from the start.

I'm a man of integrity and I believe in being honest with everyone and letting them know what they're buying instead of misrepresenting and sugar coating the product. If a band is so passionate about 20 plus year old songs, re-record them with an experienced singer and a real producer, or try writing some new music.

Remember if a movie sucks it's because the director allowed it to suck, and if a CD/record sucks it's because the producer allowed it to suck. Directors and producers are accountable for not only the good but for the bad as well, it's their product.

Moving on and never looking back..."

Ouuuuuuch! BUUUUURRRRN! Laughing very hard

So from this I guess we can assume that Mr. Barron does not look back on his Killen experience very fondly, and we won't be seeing him as part of the so-called "reunion."

Killen has their own FB page, by the way, and tho it's plastered with old photos of the band from back in the day and constantly pimps the re-released album and tour dates, it never mentions exactly who is in the band at this moment. I know I read recently that Carl Canedy (of the Rods) is now playing drums for them and obviously ol' Vic has moved on to other things, so that means this "reunited" band consists of maybe two original members, if that. Part of me wants to "like" the Killen page just so I can be a dick and ask "Hey, how's Vic Barron sounding these days?" Hahaha Very Happy

I sent "Toni" an e-mail thanking her for the scoop, let's see if she sends any more!

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 11:15 am

^^Holy crap. I've never given two shits about this group but all this intel is better than reality TV!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 11:58 am

That is a lot of drama for such a rather obscure band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Just think how angry those Germans at Headbangers Open Air Fest will be when they turn out in droves for the Killen reunion gig and find out that the mighty Vic Barron is NOT in the house...ehehehehehehe

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN is coming to get you    KILLEN is coming to get you  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILLEN is coming to get you
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next