Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armored Saint - Win Hands Down

Go down 
+13
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
nevermore
martinsane
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Empty
PostSubject: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 pm

The new Armored Saint album has a title and release date:

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/news-armored-saint-release-seventh-studio-album-win-hands-down/

"Los Angeles, California-based heavy metal group Armored Saint issue seventh studio full-length album Win Hands Down on June 2nd, 2015 through Metal Blade Records.

Armored Saint vocalist John Bush issued the following statement: “When we began talking about a new record, I told Joey Vera (bass) to pretend we were a really huge band and that we could do anything we wanted. At least that was the mindset we should have, from the writing to the production. What came out was Win Hands Down, which is our first record in five years.

“There’s everything from classic Armored Saint rocker songs to epic songs and we all dug deep to deliver something special. If we weren’t going to, then we shouldn’t have bothered. I’m glad we did.”

Bassist Joey Vera shared the following words, meanwhile: “We’re very excited about our new record coming out in June! We’ve been writing over the past year and half and we feel like we’ve written some amazing music. We can’t wait to share it!”

Sixth studio record La Raza was released in March 2010."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:54 pm

I hope this is better than La Raza. I found that album to be very lackluster.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:57 pm

I liked La Raza. I'm looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I hope this is better than La Raza.  I found that album to be very lackluster.  

Ditto. I really wanted to dig that album but... zzzzzzzzzz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:16 pm

I liked La Raza at first but it didn't last so hoping this is better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 4:47 pm

I hear Dave Prichard really tears it up on this new one. What a Face

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Laughing very hard Kind of mean but funny.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:34 pm

My buddy Eric Ragno plays keys on the upcoming Armored Saint album.... Smile

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Keys??? On an AS record? What you talkin' bout Shawn.

I'm just joking, I'm sure they will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:47 pm

martinsane wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Keys??? On an AS record? What you talkin' bout Shawn.

I'm just joking, I'm sure they will be fine.

I was as surprised as you.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Keys? Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:04 am

Must have!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Have heard this whole album and I am gonna say it.....It is on par with one of the best metal albums ever, Symbol of Salvation. They are F'ing BACK!!!!! The licks - the fills - the lyrics - and John Bush sounds Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALBUM OF 2015 [without hearing any other album that comes out June-December this year. I might take that back at some point, but jump on this wagon, just in case!].
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I liked La Raza at first but it didn't last so hoping this is better.

I'm with you. It was enjoyable while listening to it, but once it was over, I couldn't remember a single note.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:14 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Have heard this whole album and I am gonna say it.....It is on par with one of the best metal albums ever, Symbol of Salvation.  They are F'ing BACK!!!!!  The licks - the fills - the lyrics - and John Bush sounds Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ALBUM OF 2015 [without hearing any other album that comes out June-December this year.  I might take that back at some point, but jump on this wagon, just in case!].

I agree 100%. The guitar work is amazing and John Bush sounds as good as he did in 1991.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:19 am

I'll jump on this wagon with ya Unc! It sounds great. Bush sounds awesome and guitar work is killer. This album wipes the floor with La Raza!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:22 am

I hope my copy is here tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:41 pm

I listened to the whole album yesterday. All I have to say is, this is KILLER! It's hard to believe that this was the same band that put out La Raza just a few years ago, as that album totally sucked.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:48 pm

This could be a good opportunity for Armored Saint and Metal Church to tour together in the near future. They both have been rejuvenated like a blast from the past.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:47 am

This is killer. They really seem to have a fire lit under them on this album. I liked La Raza, but this one really stepped it up.

I only have the disc in here with me at work, no booklet at hand. Anyone know who provides the female vocals on this album?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is killer. They really seem to have a fire lit under them on this album. I liked La Raza, but this one really stepped it up.

I only have the disc in here with me at work, no booklet at hand. Anyone know who provides the female vocals on this album?

Pearl Aday - Scott Ian's wife aka Meatloaf's daughter.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:24 am

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Pearl Aday - Scott Ian's wife aka Meatloaf's daughter.

No kidding? Not sure how I missed that nugget of info. Cool. Makes sense, she just worked with Joey Vera on that Motor Sister album.

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:09 pm

It's a really good album, one of the best straight-ahead "heavy metal" albums I've heard in awhile. It sounds like an honest album, doesn't sound like they were purposely trying to accomplish anything (this album must sound like 1985!). Good songs, nicely arranged and played by veteran musicians with enough interesting stylistic touches to sound unique. I tip my hat to them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 pm

I so want to get this one. Was about to get la raza as well, but hesitated after reading some really bad reviews.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Win Hands Down   Armored Saint - Win Hands Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armored Saint - Win Hands Down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next