Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ugh. Just took a pay cut

Go down 
+9
TheGooch
KissinMaiden
spiritoradio
T-Roy
mc666
Thrasher73
juanmiguel
MoonChild
Chairman_Smith
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Empty
PostSubject: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Pisses me off that every job seems to only pay enough so you barely get by.... Crying or Very sad

Last edited by on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:06 pm

That is perhaps why they are called job!

J - Just
O - Over
B - Broke

Rolling Eyes

Good luck Chairman.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:58 am

don't you wish you were a rockstar instead?

big in the 80's, legendary in the 90's and still going strong in the 00's
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 am

juanmiguel wrote:
don't you wish you were a rockstar instead?

big in the 80's, legendary in the 90's and still going strong in the 00's

I'm working on that! haha
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:49 am

the working man will never have any money.Sorry dude.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:58 am

i work for myself. i make sure i get paid the most. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:00 am

I work as a male erotic dancer.

I don't have any advice to offer, I just thought I'd get that off my chest.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:05 am

spectrefate wrote:

I don't
have any advice to offer, I just thought I'd get that off my
chest.
(scared......horrified....finding a happy place)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 pm

LOL!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:35 pm

T-Roy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I don't
have any advice to offer, I just thought I'd get that off my
chest.
(scared......horrified....finding a happy place)
What time do you want him to meet you there? I'm his pimp.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:47 pm

Believe me I know what you mean dude. It's great living on the poverty line Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:16 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Believe me I know what you mean dude. It's great living on the poverty line Rolling Eyes

I'm going to refill out my W4 so they don't take anything out.... its really sad i have to do that though.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 pm

I started working last week for the first time ever...i get payed this friday, first paycheck haha.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:53 am

KissinMaiden wrote:
I started working last week for the first time ever...i get payed this friday, first paycheck haha.

that kicks bunghole, what i admire most about americans is that they start working in their teens. here in the philippines most families prefer to get their kids to finish college first, then work... lame. plus, most companies wouldn't hire you without a degree (except call centers)
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:11 am

well on the bright side, I really enjoy the new job they put me in.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I'm going to refill out my W4 so they don't take anything out.... its really sad i have to do that though.

Will you end up making enough though that you will not have to pay the government money when tax time rolls around?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:27 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Will you end up making enough though that you will not have to pay the government money when tax time rolls around?

They aleady took like $1600 from my last job alone (that was since May) I think im okay.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:27 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

What do you do?

Security Guard
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

What do you do?

Security Guard

Ah thats cool.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:07 am

man there aint no good joibs wherei live cos it is the largest farming area in the country and also happens to be the largest fuit and veg packing area in the country so you can either pack boxes, drive a lorry or work on a farm or in a shopw hich is shitty
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 8:26 am

I can relate to what's going on with Chairman. Over the past year or so we've been experiencing money crunches as well. Our property taxes went up BIG time this year and of course with the new baby needing lots of diapers, formula, and other stuff, even though my wife and I both work, everything is taking a pretty big bite.

The wife and I were looking over our finances last night and it seems that we're pretty much f**ked unless one of us (most likely me) gets a second job part time to shoot down some of our credit card debt. I already got a raise at my main job this year so it's pointless to try and ask for more so soon. I'm not a happy camper about it but hey, I have two kids to feed and keep a roof over their heads.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:32 am

That is why I have to work two part-time jobs. When I was in the Navy everything was all right. However, to spend the last few years with my best friend (R.I.P.), and to help him out since his parents were no help, I chose not to re-enlist. Now, four years later, he's gone and I'm too fat and out of shape to go back in (even if I did re-join, I'd have to go with whatever job they put me in instead of my old one). I was going for a Bachelors in Business but I fell behind in GPA and also realized that I don't have what it takes for a corporate job. Unfortunatly, no good paying full-time jobs are accepting me due to my lack of experience. My only hope is to become a truck driver (after I get my debt paid off).

Unless I marry a rich chick. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:09 am

i know a few people who have two jobs and actually seem quite happy with it bizarrely
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:07 am

A little piece of advise for all of you. Put something away in an IRA. Do NOT depend on the government to take care of you when you get old. If you think being a working man is tight, the government will make you rethink that if you don't have something else.

Even if it's just $10 a week, put something into an IRA, especially if you are young. $10 in an IRA in your 20s can translate into a pretty substantial nest egg when it's time to retire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Just took a pay cut   Ugh.  Just took a pay cut Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugh. Just took a pay cut
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: