Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: Accept - Blind Rage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Review: Accept - Blind Rage Empty
PostSubject: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:01 pm

I posted a new review on my blog of Accept's Blind Rage: http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2014/12/not-that-restless-and-fairly-mild.html

The shorter version:

This is a weirdly melancholy album with far too many gloomy tracks and not enough aggressive songs to move things forward.  I've held off posting this review because I was hoping my opinion would change but it hasn't.  This is definitely the least of the Tornillo albums.  

Review: Accept - Blind Rage NfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 1:53 am

You nailed it, WF. I've been trying to put my finger on why I feel the same way you do about this album; now I truly know. You're dead on. It's a very boring disc with a lot of slog and little oomph. It sounds very tired as a result.

Other problems I had:
-lyrics MUCH worse and more trite than previous albums
-songs overstay their welcome, need trimming
-lots of self-cannibalization going on
-Wolf and Herman's solos aren't as melodic and inventive as they're known for, kind of dull
-overly compressed mix hits me with listener's fatigue by the fourth track

It was a very underwhelming and disappointing release that is receiving unwarranted praise in many quarters. Well said.

EDIT: oh, and Mark's voice, which really isn't much of a red mark. Just sounds much more subdued than the previous two.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:24 am

I know these guys aren't getting any younger, but they might need to take a break and lay back for a while. 3 albums and touring the world in a 4 year span has taken it's toll.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

corplhicks wrote:
You nailed it, WF. I've been trying to put my finger on why I feel the same way you do about this album; now I truly know. You're dead on. It's a very boring disc with a lot of slog and little oomph. It sounds very tired as a result.

Other problems I had:
-lyrics MUCH worse and more trite than previous albums
-songs overstay their welcome, need trimming
-lots of self-cannibalization going on
-Wolf and Herman's solos aren't as melodic and inventive as they're known for, kind of dull
-overly compressed mix hits me with listener's fatigue by the fourth track

It was a very underwhelming and disappointing release that is receiving unwarranted praise in many quarters. Well said.

EDIT: oh, and Mark's voice, which really isn't much of a red mark. Just sounds much more subdued than the previous two.

All excellent points. Although Mark's voice sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I know these guys aren't getting any younger, but they might need to take a break and lay back for a while. 3 albums and touring the world in a 4 year span has taken it's toll.

Yep. I thought that this year would be the year that they released a nice live album to give them a chance to rest. Also, Accept needs a good live album to document the Tornillo years and show what a great job he does. The live DVD with the deluxe edition was great, but they need another live album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:10 pm

You know, I feel the exact same way! The album is really boring and just does nothing. It was a real big let down for me and I still want to like it but even after all this time, I find it a dull album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Accept - Blind Rage   Review: Accept - Blind Rage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review: Accept - Blind Rage
Page 1 of 1