Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Interview

Go down 
+12
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
mc666
manny
martinsane
Witchfinder
chewie
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

The Interview - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 10:57 am

The Interview - Page 3 XmRNn9W
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:51 am

S.D. wrote:

The original estimates for The Interview were about a $60 million domestic total and about $130 million in the rest of the world.  The studio will be lucky if the film brings in $10 million at this point.  

It's done $15 million in the first four days as a download, so a fair bit better than expected, but it will come in at significantly less than the $44 million it cost to make. The news is trying to portray it as some kind of triumph! surprised
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:05 pm

With or without the "incident" the movie was destined to be a tax write off at best anyway...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:12 am

Trying to understand why so many people think this was going to bomb anyway?? Evan Goldberg directing, Dan Sterling writing--even if it does turn out bad there's no way anyway could predict low quality or poor reception for a global audience.

All I see on Facebook is "this movie is going to SUCK anyway!" Based on what, exactly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:34 am

Like him or not Rogen is a box office draw, he's got a string of hits to prove it. He scored big earlier this year with Neighbors, a film which only cost $18 million to make and pulled in $268 million at the box office. The last movie he co-starred with Franco in was This Is The End in 2013 which although not as huge of a hit still brought in $126 million on a $32 million dollar budget. Those figures were just about what Sony was predicting for The Interview (they estimated $135 million) prior to the whole hacking fiasco.

If none of that had gone down I think the actual numbers would have been close to Sony's initial prediction. It was going to make money, now it's just not as large of a write-off.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:12 am

Well, that didn't take long... just saw this in today's paper.

Quote :
Sony Pictures Entertainment's The Interview, the comedy at the center of the studio's hacking woes, is set for release on DVD and Blu-Ray on February 17. The controversial film has been available through video-on-demand for weeks but the home video release will include a collectible "Freedom Edition" Blu-Ray with 90 minutes of bonus features.
The studio expects to break even on the film, which cost $44 million to make.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:30 am

I was thinking about watching this the other night. It was OnDemand. Despite the controversy, I thought it looked pretty funny and I'm sure I'll watch it at some point.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was thinking about watching this the other night. It was OnDemand. Despite the controversy, I thought it looked pretty funny and I'm sure I'll watch it at some point.

I'll check it out when it hits RedBox, unless of course they refuse to stock it in their machines for fear or North Korean reprisals. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 pm

The Interview will debut on Netflix streaming this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:52 am

S.D. wrote:

Cool. I'll add it to the never-ending list. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Same here. Although I'll probably watch it sooner than later.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

My Netflix list is ridiculously lengthy. If I scroll thru the menus of available stuff for five minutes, I end up adding 20 things to it, most of which I know I'm never gonna watch.... It's a sickness.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

My Netflix list is ridiculously lengthy. If I scroll thru the menus of available stuff for five minutes, I end up adding 20 things to it, most of which I know I'm never gonna watch.... It's a sickness.

Oh yea, I do that too. I'll add stuff to my list that I know I'll never get around to watching. I only finally got Netflix last May or June, so I went crazy adding stuff in the first 2 weeks that's still there waiting for me.Razz

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 1:45 pm

I gave up on the Netflix queue ages ago for the same reason. It would just sit growing mold as titles would eventually disappear. Anymore I just search out browse endlessly before picking something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I gave up on the Netflix queue ages ago for the same reason. It would just sit growing mold as titles would eventually disappear. Anymore I just search out browse endlessly before picking something.

Titles will also magically reappear in your queue when Netflix gets the rights to them again. I've been using Netflix streaming since 2008 and for example the James Bond movies have been added...deleted...and re-added at least a dozen times during that timeframe. All up to the whims of the movie studios that control the rights.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm

You're right I've seen that happen as well, like Amazing Stories. I don't add to my queue anymore but once in a solar eclipse will check it to see if anything has come back. Thing is checking instantwatcher.com daily kind of defeats the purpose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 8:20 pm

I have to use the queue because the app on my blu-ray player can only access whatever I add to the queue, it has no ability to browse or search for titles.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:05 am

I watched this Sunday night and thought it was hysterical. I was laughing my ass off.

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 12:19 am

I thought the movie was cool. I wasn't blown away but it was funny.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I watched this Sunday night and thought it was hysterical. I was laughing my ass off.

I saw it and my ass is still very much attached.I thought it had a few moments but mostly sucked.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:51 am

I started it on Netflix but I found is was pretty lame and went on to another title.

Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:41 pm

It was ok, but it didnt really get going until they got to North Korea. That first half of the film was shockingly unfunny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Interview
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3