Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Interview

Go down 
+12
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
mc666
manny
martinsane
Witchfinder
chewie
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 pm

The Interview was going to open in theaters over the Holidays, but now its release has been canceled.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/the-interview-premiere/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 pm

(shrugs) I would have waited for the DVD release anyway...

Nah, but seriously, Sony should've released the movie anyway. This whole thing is just silly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "North Korean hackers" turn out to be a couple of fat guys from Des Moines and it was all a hoax.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
(shrugs) I would have waited for the DVD release anyway...

Nah, but seriously, Sony should've released the movie anyway. This whole thing is just silly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "North Korean hackers" turn out to be a couple of fat guys from Des Moines and it was all a hoax.

Agreed, and even if it was North Korea they're full of hot air anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am

I was kind of surprised that Sony decided to cancel. That's a pretty big chunk of cash they're flushing down the toilet this late in the game. I guess they are taking the threats pretty seriously and don't want to take the chance of something actually happening and then they'd be liable.

I had read that a couple of movie chains were refusing to run it in their theaters, so I'm sure that had some influence on Sony's decision.

They're in a "damned if you do or damned if you don't" situation. Take their chances, run it and hope nothing happens or cancel everything? What to do? Either way, they're getting criticized. Welcome to the internet, Sony.

And yes, I will watch it when it's released on dvd.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

Quote :
I will watch it when it's released on dvd.

Sony sez they don't plan to release it on DVD or video-on-demand anytime soon either. There were some advance screenings for critics prior to it being shelved, though, so I would imagine that even if there isn't an "official" release in the near future, bootlegs will surface eventually.

Who knows, this flick could become the 21st century equivalent of Jerry Lewis' semi-legendary never-released holocaust comedy drama "The Day the Clown Cried" ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 am

I imagine they'll wait till all the hype has died down, then quietly release it over the summer with little fanfare and try to make back some of their money.

Seth Rogen tweeted that he's already been paid for it, so he doesn't care either way. A true artist!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:35 am

Quote :
Seth Rogen tweeted that he's already been paid for it, so he doesn't care either way. A true artist!

Nice! Haha. If and when it gets released they should send a DVD to Kim Jung Un with a note that says "Thanks for the free publicity." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm

It's weird how this shit never happened with Team America.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:33 pm

corplhicks wrote:
It's weird how this shit never happened with Team America.

Or the "Red Dawn" remake.

Or "Die Another Day" (which opened with James Bond being taken prisoner by the North Koreans, and being tortured by them all through the opening credits)

Supposedly Kim Jung Un is a big fan of American movies (legend has it that he regularly has bootlegs of new releases delivered to his own private screening room)... maybe he's just pissed about this one in particular cuz they didn't offer him the chance to play himself? "Dammit, maybe I couldn't have pulled off Team America cuz I'm not a marionette, but I would've NAILED this one!"

Back to top Go down

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 pm

It was actually his father that was a huge fan of Hollywood films and reportedly had over 30,000 in his personal collection.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
It was actually his father that was a huge fan of Hollywood films and reportedly had over 30,000 in his personal collection.

Ahh, OK, I'm getting my Kims confused. Haha

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

To quote the mighty Tonya Harding, "Half cup full, half cup empty..........."
Back to top Go down

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Sony is going to lose somewhere between $75 and $95 million for not releasing The Interview.

With no box office grosses or ancillary returns, it’s all about the cost, and Sony is looking at a write-down comprised of the following:

>> A production budget of about $45 million;

>> A domestic marketing budget of $35 million;

>> An overseas marketing budget estimated between $10 million to $12 million.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
Sony is going to lose somewhere between $75 and $95 million for not releasing The Interview.

With no box office grosses or ancillary returns, it’s all about the cost, and Sony is looking at a write-down comprised of the following:

I heard they completely pulled it for insurance reasons. They can call it a complete loss, so that they can recoup. Is that something that is even possible?
Back to top Go down

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm

chewie wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I heard they completely pulled it for insurance reasons. They can call it a complete loss, so that they can recoup. Is that something that is even possible?

According to one of my industry friends it could be possible.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:08 pm

chewie wrote:
S.D. wrote:

It might be possible under a Force Majeure clause, but insurance law is outside of my bailiwick.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Ultimately, if the film ever see's the light of day every person in the world will either buy or rent the DVD just to see what the hullabaloo was about crushing all previous records for sales and rentals ever and making approximately 6 boatloads of money...

I hear that NetFlix pulled Team America btw.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Honestly this film looks shitty, and but all the publicity makes it feel like its my patriotic duty to sit thru this shitfest.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:53 pm

manny wrote:
Honestly this film looks shitty, and but all the publicity makes it feel like its my patriotic duty to sit thru this shitfest.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:26 pm

martinsane wrote:

I hear that NetFlix pulled Team America btw.

I just checked and it's still available for streaming on Netflix.

Some theaters wanted to play Team America instead of The Interview on Christmas Day but Paramount Pictures said that it is "currently unavailable" so those screenings were cancelled.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That can be scary...

The Interview UHEnmA2

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 6:43 am

Chris Rock was on "The Daily Show" the other night and of course they talked about this controversy. First Chris assured everyone that his new movie was "Korea friendly," then when Jon Stewart asked if he thought "The Interview" would ever be released, he said "it's already released. You can buy it on 125th street right now!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:30 am

I don't like the idea of giving into the demands of terrorists. I thought "we" didn't do that. What assurances are there that "they" won't hack something or do something anyhow?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:12 am

My first thought was "Since we caved in to threats because someone didn't like a satirical movie, what are we going to do with the next movie "they" don't like? What if it's an unflattering or even incriminating documentary?"

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My first thought was "Since we caved in to threats because someone didn't like a satirical movie, what are we going to do with the next movie "they" don't like?  What if it's an unflattering or even incriminating documentary?"

Already doing it. If it might offend the Chinese, it don't get made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Interview   The Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Interview
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next