Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song

Go down 
+16
Thrasher73
KissinMaiden
Required Fields
ultmetal
GrandNational
nevermore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
Troublezone
mc666
the sentinel
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:11 pm

I Stand Alone by Godsmack.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Another overplayed-as-hell song is AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long." It seems to be the only AC/DC song the local rock radio station has in its library, because I hear it CONSTANTLY. I used to love that song but now when it comes on I go "ARRRRGH" and change the station!!

I remember the last time I saw AC/DC ("Ballbreaker" tour), they OPENED with "You Shook Me All Night Long," I kinda groaned but then thought "Well, at least they're getting it out of the way early." Smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:02 pm

I also agree with "Living After Midnight" and "Crazy Train".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:29 pm

I am completely sick of War Ensemble from Slayer. Actually the majority of the Seasons of the Abyss album is ruined for me for life.

Where I grew up in the late 80's/early 90's after you graduated from the glam crap, you were issued a copy of Season in The Abyss and a copy of Metallica's S/T album to play in your pickup with the oversized tires that you painted yourself in a camoflague scheme, with the "Bocephus" back window sticker that was partially obstructed by your gun rack.

I didn't have said truck. Dang it.

Needless to say, my appreciation of both albums has sorely suffered as a result.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Another overplayed-as-hell song is AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long." It seems to be the only AC/DC song the local rock radio station has in its library, because I hear it CONSTANTLY. I used to love that song but now when it comes on I go "ARRRRGH" and change the station!!

I remember the last time I saw AC/DC ("Ballbreaker" tour), they OPENED with "You Shook Me All Night Long," I kinda groaned but then thought "Well, at least they're getting it out of the way early." Smile

I agree Freddy.And how many of their albums had this song on it?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:38 pm

[quote="the sentinel"]
firestar wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Sentinel, sounds like you need to switch classic rock stations. Smile

How would that help? they have all been playing the same songs for the last 25 years or so, with a bit of newer stuff thrown in here and there.! Smile

Try closer to 40 years. Classic rock radio sucks big time. I recently changed jobs and was listening to it for the last month or so. I got tired of hearing the same old same old and finally took my ipod with me friday to listen to something different (better) for a change. It's going with me from here on out. As for overplayed,the only metal played would be AC/DC or Metallica (of the black album,naturally).
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 10:15 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I agree Freddy.And how many of their albums had this song on it?

It's on Back in Black (obviously), Who Made Who, and their live album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Funny that Metallica - Black is now on the Classic Rock channel!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:42 am

This subject really eats at me bad. I collect underground classic rock; and it just makes me sick that radio stations play the same songs over and over year after year; while there is so much great stuff that has been forgotten. I guess it's just comfort music for the casual fan, but geez. If I worked at a place where they played classic rock radio all the time; I would treat it exactly the way I would second hand smoke. It's noise pollution and nothing else. And like the rest of you I loved a lot of those songs when I first heard them; but enough was enough years and years ago already. As much of a Sabbath fan as I am, I'll never listen to Paranoid again if I can help it. Sorry for rant but it hit a nerve.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Other than XM, I have'nt listened to the radio in 10 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:43 am

Hamer12 wrote:
Other than XM, I have'nt listened to the radio in 10 years.

Same here. I do listen to my satellite XM stations on occasion, but it's way different than regular radio as they play some more underground stuff there.

When I'm in my truck (or car), I crank my cds. I don't listen to the radio at all (hardly ever anyway).

So a lot of the said songs are some of my favorites. I don't let songs I love be ruined for me.

However, if I had to list a few songs I am kinda sick of I'd say:

Motorhead - Ace of Spaces
Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 am

mc666 wrote:
in the end, it all comes down to what you consider metal. that argument never ends, so it's almost impossible to nail down a choice as overplayed/overexposed metal song.

if you consider these metal...

We're Not Going To Take It
(Twisted Sister) played on birth control & tampon commercials daily.

Rock You Like A Hurricane (Scorpions), is there not a sporting event where this tune isn't played?

i actually still dig those tunes even though i have heard them loads of times.

i would nominate enter sandman as an overplayed song. a metal classic in my mind but not metallicas best as many claimed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song   Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Overplayed/Overrated Metal song
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2