Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ram & Portrat - Under Command

Go down 
+3
choosemetal
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Ram & Portrat - Under Command Empty
PostSubject: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Two NWOTHM bands - Ram and Portrait - have just released a split EP called Under Command and it's a pretty cool idea.  The EP was just released on 12/5 on Metal Blade in various formats.  Unfortunately, it's only available in North America digitally, but you can order physical media from here:

http://www.black-path.com/?post_type=product

Here's the tracklisting:

1. RAM - Savage Machine
2. RAM - Welcome to My Funeral (Portrait cover)
3. RAM - Creatures of the Night (KISS cover)
4. Portrait - Martial Lead
5. Portrait - Blessed to Be Cursed (RAM cover)
6. Portrait - Aggressor (Exciter cover)

So each band does one new original track, a cover of one of the other band's songs and a cover of a classic metal track.  I think that's a very cool setup and I will definitely order this.  

Here's Ram doing Portrait's "Welcome To My Funeral."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Interesting that this came up.

I just received my very first RAM disc, Death, earlier this week. Got lucky on ebay. Good stuff, but I want to let that album sink in a little before I go whole-hog into their other material. But since we're on the subject...

How is the rest of their discography? Awesome? Consistent? Spotty? Any clunkers in there I should avoid?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:46 pm

I like them. Solid stuff. They only have two other albums besides Death - Forced Entry (2005) and Lightbringer (2009). If you like Death you'll like those two as well.

Portrait is also very good and I recommend all their albums. They have a very heavy Mercyful Fate influence.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I like them.  Solid stuff.  They only have two other albums besides Death - Forced Entry (2005) and Lightbringer (2009).  If you like Death you'll like those two as well.

Portrait is also very good and I recommend all their albums.  They have a very heavy Mercyful Fate influence.

I've checked out Portrait after some folks posted them here. Not bad either. I'm a little on the fence with them though as I'm not a huge MF fan.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I like them.  Solid stuff.  They only have two other albums besides Death - Forced Entry (2005) and Lightbringer (2009).  If you like Death you'll like those two as well.

Portrait is also very good and I recommend all their albums.  They have a very heavy Mercyful Fate influence.

I've checked out Portrait after some folks posted them here. Not bad either. I'm a little on the fence with them though as I'm not a huge MF fan.

Makes sense. Ram is just straight up heavy metal. If you can tolerate their vocalist, you will like all their albums.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 pm

This is a good example of Portrait:

Nearly 8 minutes of insane guitar awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:48 am

Love Portrait. I like em better than RAM personally way more darker and heavier.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:53 am

Death is a good album but Lightbringer is stronger IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:24 am

Witchfinder wrote:
This is a good example of Portrait:

Nearly 8 minutes of insane guitar awesomeness.  

That wasn't bad at all.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 pm

That's cool. Wish I had some money. Haha! I like both bands from what I've heard.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:31 pm

I enjoyed that first RAM release but haven't heard them since then.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:39 pm

I got the first Portrait album and it's quite good. I got the newest one crossroads and its a beast. Crossroads has the same darkness that Melissa has or it even reminds me of the darkness of early Dissection.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:43 am

I got my first Portrait disc over the weekend, Crimen Laesae Majestatis Divinae (a title that just rolls off the tongue), and listening to it now. I will without question be getting more Portrait discs. Yea, there is a definite King Diamond influence, but the vocals aren't as over-the-top and less grating.

headbanger

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I got my first Portrait disc over the weekend, Crimen Laesae Majestatis Divinae (a title that just rolls off the tongue), and listening to it now. I will without question be getting more Portrait discs. Yea, there is a definite King Diamond influence, but the vocals aren't as over-the-top and less grating.

headbanger

Nice! That's a great album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

headbanger

Nice!  That's a great album.

Another lucky score on ebay. $6.99 shipped. Worth every penny!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 pm

Both are awesome bands!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ram & Portrat - Under Command   Ram & Portrat - Under Command Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ram & Portrat - Under Command
Page 1 of 1