Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command

Go down 
+7
Witchfinder
DeathCult
exact33
martinsane
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
Wurthless
11 posters

The Crimson Idol
The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Vote_lcap47%The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
The Last Command
The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Vote_lcap53%The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Empty
PostSubject: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:45 pm

Two classic W.A.S.P. albums, you decide. My pick is the concept album The Crimson Idol, there is something about that release that the 80's albums didn't have. I want to see what y'all think on this one.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 am

The Last Command
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:01 am

Love the band and dig both albums but I gotta go with CRIMSON IDOL. Bits of LAST COMMAND haven't aged very well at all ("Runnin' Wild in the Streets," anyone?) but CRIMSON IDOL still holds up as a great conceptual piece and a compelling listen.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 am

Last Command on the weight of "Blind In Texas" alone. Aside from the entire S/T my faverite WASP tune!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Crimson Idol for me!

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 pm

If we were talking about what I'd usually reach for when I'm in the mood for W.A.S.P., it'd be The Last Command.

But....I voted for the Crimson Idol, it's a better and stronger album all around. Quite a bit of Last Command doesn't hold water anymore
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:53 pm

I voted Last Command because I hate concept albums. Although, I like quite a few songs from The Crimson Idol. My favorite WASP is still The Headless Children.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I voted Last Command because I hate concept albums. Although, I like quite a few songs from The Crimson Idol. My favorite WASP is still The Headless Children.

headbanger I am with you on that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm

The Last Command
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 8:45 am

I don't know what it was about W.A.S.P. back in the day, but I guess I sort of thought that they were somewhat silly. Having said that, there were those moments within both their self titled and "The Last Command", where I felt I should purchase both. I did that about five years ago and sort of felt like that's where it would end with this band. Then I listened to "Inside the Electric Circus" and "The Headless Children" and decided I liked those as well. If anything, Blackie seemed to be maturing as a song writer with each release. Yesterday, I believe it was maybe the second time that I've listened to "The Crimson Idol" and this is clearly an album I need to purchase. For the most part, I'm not too keen on conceptual albums, but this album for myself is their pinnacle. I did pick up "Golgotha" some time last year and have enjoyed that quite a bit...

Anyone have suggestions on that period between "The Crimson Idol" and "Golgotha"?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 3:58 pm

I went with the Last Command. I never understood all the whoop-de-doo about the Crimson Idol. It's good but not that good. And count me in the crowd who thinks the Headless Children is W.A.S.P.'s best album.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:03 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I don't know what it was about W.A.S.P. back in the day, but I guess I sort of thought that they were somewhat silly. Having said that, there were those moments within both their self titled and "The Last Command", where I felt I should purchase both. I did that about five years ago and sort of felt like that's where it would end with this band. Then I listened to "Inside the Electric Circus" and "The Headless Children" and decided I liked those as well. If anything, Blackie seemed to be maturing as a song writer with each release. Yesterday, I believe it was maybe the second time that I've listened to "The Crimson Idol" and this is clearly an album I need to purchase. For the most part, I'm not too keen on conceptual albums, but this album for myself is their pinnacle. I did pick up "Golgotha" some time last year and have enjoyed that quite a bit...

Anyone have suggestions on that period between "The Crimson Idol" and "Golgotha"?

I highly reccomend Unholy Terror.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command   The Crimson Idol vs. The Last Command Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1