Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which singer of the 70s is your best ?

Go down 
+11
mc666
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
KissinMaiden
Troublezone
Wargod
MoonChild
Required Fields
krokus
Chairman_Smith
iamrockerfun
15 posters

David Coverdale
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap4%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
David Lee Roth
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap0%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ozzy
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap16%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Brian Johnson
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap0%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alice Cooper
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap4%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Paul Stanley
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap8%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Rob Halford
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap20%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Freddy Mercury
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap16%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Steven Tyler
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap8%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Ian Gillan
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_lcap24%Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Empty
PostSubject: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:05 pm

David Coverdale
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Dp_david-coverdale_descr

David Lee Roth
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? David_lee_roth_

Ozzy
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Novinh8

Brian Johnson
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Brian

Alice Cooper
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Alice_cooper_GI

Paul Stanley
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Paul_Stanley_Kiss_kiss_649240

Rob Halford
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Rob_halford

Freddy Mercury
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Fred3

Steven Tyler
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? StevenTyler196

Ian Gillan
Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Ig

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:08 pm

Ronnie James Dio
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:08 pm

Thats very hard for me. Maybe ROB HALFORD.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Rob Halford
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Anything AC/DC is tempting for me, and so is Judas Priest, but in here Ian Gillan winneth over!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:19 pm

aah ... sorry guys... made mistake.
Brian Johnson is ''officialy'' in 80s.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:53 pm

Was just gonna say Brian johnson came along in 1980!

Wargod48

NP: Lord - Ascendence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:18 pm

ozzy, but how come now Plant or Geddy?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 pm

I picked Ian Gillan. Brian Johnson was in a band in the 70's called Geordie.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:29 pm

even though i absolutely love Ozzy, Steven, Alice, Paul Stanley, Rob Halford....i went with Freddy Mercury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Ozzy Osbourne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Where's Bon Scott and Plant?

Ich...I dunno...I take Paul Stanley 'cuz KISS is my favourite band...(Hey good pic! Where did you take it?) He doesn't look like Paul Stanley with is scary face! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:18 pm

I pick Robert Plant
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:08 am

I went with Coverdale over Roth. I think his voice and persona have held up better over the years.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:56 am

the gay, bald, metal king of course! Which singer of the 70s is your best ? 604261

Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 am

Rob Halford
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 am

Steven Tyler. Almost went with Halford, but to me, I tend to think of Priest as more of an 80's band. Yea, they've been around and put out some great material back then, but the 80's is when they peaked. Steven Tyler and Aerosmith peaked in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Steven Tyler. Almost went with Halford, but to me, I tend to think of Priest as more of an 80's band. Yea, they've been around and put out some great material back then, but the 80's is when they peaked. Steven Tyler and Aerosmith peaked in the 70's.
they may have peaked commercially in the 80's, but their most outstanding material was everything pre British Steel.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:52 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
they may have peaked commercially in the 80's, but their most outstanding material was everything pre British Steel.

I'm not doubting that. I just think of Priest as an 80's band, moreso than 70's. It's just a tag that they got stuck with for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:58 am

Freddie Mercury, the most phonomenal male voice ever.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:50 am

Halford, because he took heavy metal vocals to a new high (pun intended).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:40 am

Halford for how he reinvented the rock singer persona. But no one can beat Coverdale for voice smoothness, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Ian Gillan! The greatest voice in Hard Rock!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Ian Gillan! The greatest voice in Hard Rock!!!!!
🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which singer of the 70s is your best ?   Which singer of the 70s is your best ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1