Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Venom - From The Very Depths

Go down 
+3
MoonChild
choosemetal
Witchfinder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

Venom - From The Very Depths  Empty
PostSubject: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 pm

It looks like Venom has a new album coming out in January:

http://bravewords.com/news/venom-confirm-january-release-for-from-the-very-depths-album

"Venom - the hugely influential British heavy metal trio widely revered for driving and shaping many aspects of the music industry, including black and thrash metal as well as for their instinctive blending of metallic power and punk spirit - have confirmed the release of their new studio album, From The Very Depths. It will be released January 27th via Spinefarm Records.

The band is led by vocalist/bassist and original Venom titan, Cronos, who decided against making fans the world over wait too long for this powerful new 14-track release, which is the follow-up to 2011's Fallen Angels, also issued via Spinefarm.

So... Venom will be unleashing their fourteenth studio album, via CD and download, on January 27th, with a double vinyl format to follow shortly after.

Cronos says, "This album is perfect, all three members are totally over-the-top confident with the new songs and the production. We had a great atmosphere in the studio while we were recording. Dante created pure thunder from his drums, while Rage tears the flesh off your face with his riffs, making everything fall into place so well. It's a strong release and really shows the band maturing into an unstoppable force of pure black metal. We can't wait to play the new songs live for the Legions... Hell Yeah!"

Further details will be revealed shortly."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:18 pm

"Dante created pure thunder from his drums while Rage tears the flesh off your face with his riffs".

Nice to see they are still enlisting junior high students to write their advertising copy. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Fallen angels was a bit better than the last albums but I still wasn't really a fan. Don't think I'll like this one too much either.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:06 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:15 pm

I love these satanic bastards
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 6:44 am

S.D. wrote:
"Dante created pure thunder from his drums while Rage tears the flesh off your face with his riffs".  

Nice to see they are still enlisting junior high students to write their advertising copy.  Laughing very hard

Nope, that appears to be straight out of the ego mouth of Cronos himself. I will always love those first two records but he's a right wally!

I'll give the new one a listen for old times sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm

I'm not that interested. Venom sounds pretty mediocre live. Cronos' hired guns do this once-respectable band no justice.

Unfortunately, a reunion with the classic personnel isn't going to happen anytime soon. As a matter of fact, Mantas even issued a long-winded speech about why he'd rather not tarnish the well-known version of Venom that everyone's familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9890

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Good news. Fallen angels was excellent.

2015 seems to be starting strong. First UDO, and now Venom headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Shocked that this song was good.

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 pm

New track "Grinding Teeth" streaming here:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/venom-new-song-grinding-teeth-available-for-streaming/
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:54 pm

That new song RULES!!! I am a huge Venom fan though.

And about what Cronos said, He's CORRECT!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Good song, better than i was expecting.

He's still a wally though!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:37 am

I've spun the new album a couple of times so far and I really like it. The album is chock full of hooks and the songwriting is above par for Venom. There are 14 tracks - 2 are brief instrumentals - and none of them overstay their welcome or miss the mark. This is a very solid album.

Many Venom fans won't like it though because the bulk of the material is mid-paced and not the greasy, dirty, speedy Venom of old. If you only want Venom to sound like their first three albums, this might not be for you.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9890

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Loved this one. Been spinning it non stop for the last five days.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom - From The Very Depths    Venom - From The Very Depths  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom - From The Very Depths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: