Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hollywood Brats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Hollywood Brats Empty
PostSubject: Hollywood Brats   Hollywood Brats Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 am

Here is another band i dredged up from the depths of the 70's underground.

To put it quite simply the Hollywood Brats were London's answer to New York's New York Dolls. But they weren't copying the Dolls, they were shopping at thrift stores and belting out sleazy trashy Rolling Stones driven glam hard rock at the same time Actress was becoming the New York Dolls in 1972.

Their one and only album called either Hollywood Brats or Grown Up Wrong was recorded in 1973 same year as the Dolls legendary debut, but the Brats were screwed by their label and the album didn't see release till 1980!

A vocal supporter of the Brats was Who drummer Keith Moon who proclaimed the Hollywood Brats as the best rock n' roll band he'd seen.

The Hollywood Brats legacy has grown over the years to almost mythical status with many historians of the punk movement now starting to realise their underground influence on the London punk scene. The Sex Pistols, The Clash etc. werent just looking across the pond at the Dolls they were also into the Brats in their own backyard.

Definately the trashiest of Englands early 70's glam rock era.

Any fan of Mott The Hoople, New York Dolls, Hanoi Rocks, The Faces, Rolling Stones, early Aerosmith needs to get this album its essential, every bit as brilliant as the New York Dolls first album.

Hollywood Brats 7-5hollywoodbratscover

www.myspace.com/hollywoodbrats

www.hollywoodbrats.com

Last edited by rattpoison on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Hollywood Brats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywood Brats   Hollywood Brats Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:54 am

Sounds like a must for a Slade & Heavy Metal Kids fans like me as well.

Mott fans should check out Strapps s/t from '76 too. It's like the heaviest album Mott never made.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Hollywood Brats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywood Brats   Hollywood Brats Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:43 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Mott fans should check out Strapps s/t from '76 too. It's like the heaviest album Mott never made.

I will have to do that, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Hollywood Brats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywood Brats   Hollywood Brats Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Bumpity bump.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hollywood Brats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywood Brats   Hollywood Brats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hollywood Brats
Page 1 of 1