Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KILLEN getting re-released :)

Go down 
+11
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
manny
tohostudios
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
choosemetal
stormspell
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 9:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
Has anyone ever heard Metal Tit?

The "sounds" page on the website Toho linked above (dated 2003) sez that their stuff used to be on MP3.com but it was all taken down when that site went under. Sad

**EDIT** But wait!! There's also a link to Dethkorpz' ancient MySpace page, which amazingly still works AND it has a music player on it!! The search is over, brothers!! At LAST we can hear the legendary Metal Tit!  headbanger  Laughing very hard

https://myspace.com/dethkorpz/music/song/metal-tit-46857645-50194207

...and yes, it's just as horrible as you're probably imagining. Definitely worthy of being the flip side of a split LP with Killen. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 9:40 am

Ouch... that's just as bad as expected!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Ouch... that's just as bad as expected!

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's bad on purpose... unlike Killen, who come by it naturally. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:01 am

You knew this was coming, folks... the news about the mighty KILLEN reissue inspired this entry at my blog. Tr00! Grimm! Kvlt!  headbanger

KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 11947075_f520
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Forgotten-Hard-Rock-Albums-KILLEN-1987

Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 12:09 pm

The 'ol coach just bought the one of the few available copies on line. I really enjoyed it, I don't know why it was made fun of. I can think of far worse acts than Killen. I must have really bad taste. Can someone tell me why they're mocked here so bad? I mean it's not Energetic Disassembly, Black Future or Mekong Delta, but I found it very fun to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 am

John Madden wrote:
Can someone tell me why they're mocked here so bad?

Oh man, the Killen thing... I guess that was just one of those running gags that you had to be here for. Laughing very hard

I was the main instigator of said running gag, so here's my take on it.

I went to college in Killen's home base of Staten Island, NY and saw them live once. They made very little impression on me at the time -- they didn't rule, they didn't suck, they were just one of many local yokel metal bands I saw during that era. I pretty much forgot about 'em till years later when I learned that their self released LP had suddenly become a pricey collectible in the Internet age.

The mockery stemmed from how certain corners of the underground hyped that album up like it was some kind of awesome, solid gold, long-lost classic... yet when you listen to it, it's so ... strictly average. Like "Sooooo... this is Killen? THIS is what everyone's so crazy about? Big deal."

Therefore, the idea that the "arcane steel" collector crowd willingly paid hundreds of dollars for that LP on eBay (and were smug about it) was utterly hilarious to me.

I agree, there are far worse bands/albums out there (like Thrash Queen and/or Killer Fox, both of whom are mentioned earlier in this thread) but in my experience very few are as overrated.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILLEN getting re-released :)   KILLEN getting re-released :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILLEN getting re-released :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2