Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's

Go down 
+8
Temple of Blood
Short-Fuse
choosemetal
mc666
DakotaRogers
James B.
ultmetal
Lurideath
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Empty
PostSubject: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Normally I don't pay attention to this kind of stuff, but I feel this is actually really cool even though the band has little chance of winning this. Just being truthful... But hell, vote when the time is right. Avenger of Blood is in the running for best thrash album of the 00's with the 2nd full length "Death Brigade".
https://www.facebook.com/thrashmaniamofo/posts/314390372076434
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Cool. I'll check it out.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:41 am

Cool exposure Shannon !

I dig that album

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

So to be clear, "Death Brigade" has beaten "Tempo of the Damned," "Black Future," "The Evolution of Chaos," "Ironbound," and "The Dream Calls for Blood"?

Okay den. Neutral

I've often heard that album described as "bland and unoriginal, ripping of Kreator." But hey, congratulations, I'll have to revisit "Death Brigade" in light of this, as it's been a few years.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:55 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
So to be clear, "Death Brigade" has beaten "Tempo of the Damned," "Black Future," "The Evolution of Chaos," "Ironbound," and "The Dream Calls for Blood"?

Okay den. Neutral

It is better than all of those.

choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 6:34 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

Okay den. Neutral

I've often heard that album described as "bland and unoriginal, ripping of Kreator." But hey, congratulations, I'll have to revisit "Death Brigade" in light of this, as it's been a few years.

Yes, It is. Death Brigade is freaking awesome which reminds me I got to a order a copy since I downloaded on itunes many moons ago.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 am

Quote :

I have no fkn idea! But to be on this list is quite odd especially considering the bands AoB is up against. Kreator, Megadeth Sodom, Fastkill, Evile, Fagtera, and more.

Yes in reviews it was half and half with that. Half would say we were a force to be reckoned with, and the other half I would hear or read about people saying we ripped off Kreator. Also looking at some of those reviews, they don't even have their facts straight so whatever. Obviously those same reviewers are failed musicians anyways and only heard the vocals. Yes the vocals sound like Mille somewhat, but the music is all sorts of stuff just done the way we wanted to do it because NO ONE at the time was doing it.

To those that liked it though, Thank You! It does mean a great deal to me.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Man, after listening to Avenger of Blood's songs on the SPEED KILLS...AGAIN comp, I rushed out to buy "Death Brigade"....and promptly hated it! From what I remember the production was god awful, but maybe I need to listen it to again. How some people can be intellectually honest and think Death Brigade is better than Black Future (!), Outer Isolation or Toxic Holocaust's "An Overdose of Death" really perplexes me, but I suppose it's a matter of taste. Black Future is one of the greatest metal albums produced PERIOD. Twenty years from now, people are going to still be talking about that record.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Black Future is one of the greatest metal albums produced PERIOD. Twenty years from now, people are going to still be talking about that record.

Barely anyone is talking about it now.

choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:04 pm

mc666 wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
Black Future is one of the greatest metal albums produced PERIOD. Twenty years from now, people are going to still be talking about that record.

Barely anyone is talking about it now.

cheers I agree man.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 am

I love the gang-up, pile-on behavior that the Heart of Metal Elite loves to do to those they dislike. For some reason, this makes them feel superior to others, even over the moist trivial point, while being insulting and condescending at the same time. Bravo        
............................................... Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's 25679 ..........................................
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 am

No one's talking about Vektor, ay? Is this article from August too old for you?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/vektor-guitarists-dave-disanto-and-erik-nelson-explore-deep-space-20140804

Rolling Stone no less....
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
I love the gang-up, pile-on behavior that the Heart of Metal Elite loves to do to those they dislike. For some reason, this makes them feel superior to others, even over the moist trivial point, while being insulting and condescending at the same time. Bravo        
............................................... Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's 25679 ..........................................

I've been told over and over that this doesn't happen, despite so much evidence to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:

I've been told over and over that this doesn't happen, despite so much evidence to the contrary.  

point.....counterpoint.....and another agreeing with one of those is far from ganging-up on anyone.

If people are that thin skinned, go ask mommy for a band aid or take your toys and go play somewhere else.
Now that is insulting and condescending. See the difference.

Not to mention saying others are "elite" and then judging their behavior by your standards is kinda/sorta pot calling kettle black.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:

It does happen, but it didn't happen here. I neither like nor dislike anyone in this thread. I just don't care for Vektor. 1 person agreed with me that AoB's album was better than Vektor's. That is not a pile on. No one made it personal.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Just to get a bit back on topic, I don't think anyone will be talking about VEKTOR in 20 years.  It'll still be VOIVOD and DESTRUCTION who get mentioned along those lines.

Why would someone prefer VEKTOR over, say, VOIVOD or OBLIVEON?  Or DBC?  Because they haven't listened to them much?

I am not an expert on AoB's music but I like one song which is one more than I like from VEKTOR so I guess I am #3.

But I think SF's larger point is that if you're in the inner circle of a particular message board then your music gets talked about with the utmost reverence. If Painkiller posted music he had written and recorded it would be savaged (just to give an example). Such is the nature of group think.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Well, I love Vektor, but then again, I also like Voivod, Avenger of Blood and a lot of other bands talked about in this discussion. :-)

If I am still alive in 20 years, I'm sure I will still be talking about VEKTOR! Great band. Though I know people here will argue with me, they remind me of a cross of Voivod and Coroner. (Notice I did not say Vektor were better than those bands, or the other way around. Just said they "remind me of...")

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:10 pm

I should revisit Death brigade too, I like AOB but haven't heard that album in a minute.

Yeah, Vektor sucks.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 pm

I never knew Iron Maiden are thrash...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Stender wrote:
I should revisit Death brigade too, I like AOB but haven't heard that album in a minute.

Yeah, Vektor sucks.
No they don't. While you might not like their music, it far from "sucks". You don't recognize talent and skill when you hear it.While I can't stand to listen to Rush or the Beatles, you'll never hear me disregard their talent or their creativity.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Was so impressed the first time I heard VEKTOR, I ordered the dbl-lp version of Black Future from the band and a t-shirt.
They took what VOI VOD and ANACRUSIS did in the 1980s and excellently expanded on it.

Still have to buy Outer Isolation (2011).
(I missed out on the initial (only?) vinyl pressing).

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah, Vektor sucks.
No they don't. While you might not like their music, it far from "sucks". You don't recognize talent and skill when you hear it.While I can't stand to listen to Rush or the Beatles, you'll never hear me disregard their talent or their creativity.

Whatever. Vektor is hardly creative, they have easily ripped off atleast 2 (maybe 3) bands to come up with their sound on Black future. I would much rather listen to those 2 or 3 bands who were actually original then Vektor anytime.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Stender wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah, Vektor sucks.

Whatever. Vektor is hardly creative, they have easily ripped off atleast 2 (maybe 3) bands to come up with their sound on Black future. I would much rather listen to those 2 or 3 bands who were actually original then Vektor anytime.
Vektor ripped off no one. Their vocalist is totally unique, the guitar playing is stellar, and the song writing is original. You don't like Vektor because you don't like me. That's okay, I don't think much of you either. Razz
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:48 pm

I'd have to really listen carefully, but it sounds more like Vektor are heavily inspired, not ripping off.
Just like Avenger of Blood to me sound like a Kreator / Sodom mix.
Until I sit through every song, so far to me AOB also sound heavily inspired, but aren't stealing riffs or anything either.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Stender wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah, Vektor sucks.

Vektor ripped off no one. Their vocalist is totally unique, the guitar playing is stellar, and the song writing is original. You don't like Vektor because you don't like me. That's okay, I don't think much of you either. Razz

I don't even know you dude. but regardless, I'll name them for you. Vektors vocals are straight Destruction rip off with some black metal flair, all the minor guitar progressions you hear are ripping off Piggy from Voivod. The whole outer space-science fiction theme is from Dead brain cells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's   Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenger of Blood up for best thrash album of 00's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next