Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Empty
PostSubject: Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman   Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm

I highly recommend this 60 minute interview with the legendary Tony Iommi, it's actually more like a fun conversation between old friends. Iommi talks about his beginnings, the formation of the band, his brief time in Jethro Tull, the split with Ozzy and also touches on the Dio and Ian Gillan eras. There are some tidbits of information I never knew before plus some funny Ozzy stories.

A must-watch interview with the most important man in the history of metal.

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman   Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Pretty cool. Had it on in the background, great stories.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman   Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 am

That's an excellent interview. It's interesting how these would jam with each other.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman   Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 10:20 am

Awesome. Will check this out tonight.

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman   Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:59 pm

One thing I had never heard before was that during his time with Jethro Tull he asserts that he wrote the riff for Nothing Is Easy, which was later recorded for the album Stand Up with Martin Barre.  

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman   Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi interviewed by Rick Wakeman
Page 1 of 1