Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle of the Black Albums

Go down 
+22
tohostudios
manny
chewie
Glower
choosemetal
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Leatherface
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
thejokeriv
Runicen
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Lari
brokentulsa
mc666
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
MoonChild
Witchfinder
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

The best Black Album
AC/DC - Back In Black
Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 25 ]
Metallica - Metallica
Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 9 ]
Spinal Tap - Smell The Glove
Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:05 am

Went with The Tap!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:13 pm

I am completely sick of some tunes on 'Back In Black' but the first time I heard the album, I was blown away
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I'll add to the slaughter. As much as I love the Spinal Tap movie and as much as I prefer Bon Scott's version of AC/DC, I had to vote for Back In Black.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm going with Metallica. Pretty much the beginning into the world of heavy metal for me. I love the AC/DC album too and it was hard to pick between the two, but coming from being a huge Def Leppard fan boy and then listening to Metallica I knew Def Leppard were going to have to move down a notch. Especially by the time the black album came out Def Leppard was slowing fading away anyway so Metallica filled that void for me. Also I learned to play drums from the black album as well as Back In Black, but Metallica wasn't so straight forward so I got to learn a little more, since Lars was still actually pretty good at this time. Now.....not so much.

As far as Spinal Tap? No contest with that one. I have the album and I only picked it up a few years ago. I haven't listened to it that much, so sorry Spinal Tap. I also don't really consider them a band.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:
mmmm seems like I need to check out spinal tap. not familiar with them.

Aaaaaaaaare you serious or joking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:46 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I vote "serious".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:28 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I vote "serious".  

So I assume his volume don't go to 11.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Went with AC/DC because it was a huge part of high school for me. All three of these albums are faves though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Black Albums   Battle of the Black Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Black Albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2