Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marshall Law: power game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Marshall Law: power game Empty
PostSubject: Marshall Law: power game   Marshall Law: power game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:19 pm

I just picked up this album from amazon uk. such an underrated nwobhm cd. the title track is by itself sufficient to attract any true fan.

any opinions on this album?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law: power game   Marshall Law: power game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm

I only know the tracks Leviathan, No Justice, Chain of Youth, Searching for Paradise and Powergame from the compilation album Power Crazy.

It's all real good stuff, but based on the sample of tracks on the comp, I'd say maybe Warning From History and Metal Detector would be even better. Some great songs there.

The only actual full Marshall Law album I own is Razorhead. Which is a monster record in itself. This seems like a real consistent band. And probably among the most underrated heavy metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law: power game   Marshall Law: power game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:32 pm

I so want to get razorhead. I believe it is their latest, right?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law: power game   Marshall Law: power game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 5:42 am

I found a seller (right here in Finland) and I just ordered Power Game.

Now I'm only missing the self-titled debut on CD. I have the other four studio albums + a compilation CD. Warning from History and Metal Detector are awesome albums, but Razorhead is still my favourite, possibly because it was the first I heard from them. And it has a beautiful lively crunchy heavy sound to die for.

This band is probably defunct, but they never disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law: power game   Marshall Law: power game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 11:57 am

The sound is a little different here on this one. Dare I say a little more commercial. Chain of Youth could be a Skid Row song.

It's all still very heavy and exciting. But right now I'm thinking it's the lesser album compared to the other three I own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law: power game   Marshall Law: power game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marshall Law: power game
Page 1 of 1