Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album

Go down 
+27
CRIMSONMASK
chewie
MetalGuy71
manny
Boris2008
Thrasher73
stormspell
James B.
Stender
Lari
Gilbert
ultmetal
TrogDawn
Shawn Of Fire
Leatherface
Glower
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
Temple of Blood
mc666
corplhicks
thejokeriv
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
Witchfinder
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 7 ]
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 48% [ 20 ]
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Anthrax - Fistful of Metal
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Overkill - Feel The Fire
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Slayer - Show No Mercy
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Testament - The Legacy
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Dark Angel - We Have Arrived
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Other - You missed one you idiot!
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Bonded by blood was a lesson in debut thrash metal albums that we shouldn't soon forget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Have to go with nostalgia here. The first record out of this list I owned was Slayer's Show No Mercy and so that gets my vote.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 pm

For whatever reason, I prefer most of the listed bands' second releases over their debuts. One notable exception is Doomsday For The Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Love all the albums listed

I flipped a coin between Exodus and Metallica and it was "tails".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:53 am

I had to flip coin between Exodus, Metallica, and Anthrax. Also Nasty Savage deserves a mention, albeit their debut is not pure thrash, its amazing and their best by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:58 am

Voted for Megadeth but I believe Forbidden deserves an honorable mention too.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:05 am

I love so many of these. I want to say Killing is my Business, but I will say Kill em All

I will also say that this not making the list is a crime!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 am

You missed one, you idiot!
The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 6431
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:54 am

I have to smile - when I think of the perspective - of -
which band would I have wanted to have seen live !
Missing early Exodus and Slayer - in concert - rats -
I was young and felt the fans were just too rabid at the time angry
It would of been fun to have read 'the year' of all those releases -
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:12 am

I voted Metallica because out of all the albums listed that is the first one I heard and purchased.

I almost voted Megadeth and as much as I love that album, despite the horrid production, it did not make the impact that Metallica's album did..

Exodus was an early favorite, because when it was first released I was 15 and sounded absoutley brutal to my ears, which was an trait that appealed to me at that age.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 11:23 am

Coulda went with Kill Em All, but I voted for Megadave and Killing Is My Business. That one still gets regular spins from me. Been playing the hell outta that one since I had a tape in high school. But both of those were thrash right out of the box in the context of this poll.

While I like that Anthrax album, they hadn't quite found their niche just yet. Same thing for a few others on that list. Great albums in their own right, but better things were yet to come as far as I'm concerned.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 11:39 am

Metallica was THE ONE!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 pm

"Best" as in "favorite" would be Exodus, followed closely by Vio-lence "Eternal Nightmare"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:23 pm

I went with Exodus. I just loved the rawness and the energy that album had. That's not to take that away from any of the other bands but BBB seemed more primal (if that makes sense) to me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Kill Em All!! Without a doubt!  headbanger

The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 775710

No questions asked.

The first 4 Metallica albums are definitely the best albums across all genres.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Kill em all......not only a historic marker, but also a killer album.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I voted for Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album   The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatest U.S. Thrash Debut Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2