Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psycho Motel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:22 am

Anyone else like the two albums that Adrian Smith did with this band during his time apart from Maiden in the mid-90's? I only recently heard about them through No Life Til Metal. I've only heard the first--State of Mind--but plan on checking out Welcome to the World soon as well. I love the style and prefer this to what Maiden was writing at the time.

Interestingly it looks like Psycho Motel opened for Maiden on at least one stop during the X Factor Tour in 1996 in the U.K. That would have made for an interesting show!

Last edited by glassprison on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 am

Also, if anyone needs the Japanese release bonus tracks from State of Mind, "Last Goodbye" and "Can't Wait," just PM me.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:40 am

I really like psycho motel.

Being a rabid Maiden fan I'm always keen to check out anything the band does outside of the confines of Maiden. I really liked how different psycho motel sounded to maiden. Some great heavy riffs on both albums and some cracking solos. I liked the singer on the first album better than the guy on the second but both albums are quality. Might give them a spin over the weekend, haven't heard them in ages.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 am

Wayne wrote:
I really like psycho motel.

Being a rabid Maiden fan I'm always keen to check out anything the band does outside of the confines of Maiden. I really liked how different psycho motel sounded to maiden. Some great heavy riffs on both albums and some cracking solos. I liked the singer on the first album better than the guy on the second but both albums are quality. Might give them a spin over the weekend, haven't heard them in ages.

I like Psycho Motel better than Primal Rock Rebellion
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 am

I enjoyed the ASAP album alot more than the Psycho Motel stuff
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:17 pm

I have them both and haven't listened to them in a long, long time.

Psycho Motel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Motel   Psycho Motel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psycho Motel
Page 1 of 1