Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1

Go down 
+8
James B.
Gilbert
mr.electric39
ultmetal
Boris2008
thejokeriv
Runicen
MetalGuy71
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Legendary guitarist Uli Jon Roth (SCORPIONS) will release a new double album, "Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1", in the fall. Uli states: "The material we recorded for this project will be released in two stages, beginning with a double CD, which was recorded last year in the same hall near Hanover that we used for the SCORPIONS rehearsals 1973-1978. Together with an amazing bunch of very talented young musicians, I revisited my personal favourites from the early SCORPIONS period, some of which were written in that same hall. It was an emotional few days and I am very pleased with the results in more ways than one."

He continues: "The idea was to stay truthful to the original spirit of the music, while also putting a new slant on it whenever it felt like the right thing to do. I feel we succeeded in this. It was a intense journey into the past and I think we really managed to bring the songs back to life with a vengeance. They seem to have a timeless quality and it was easy to revisit this music and fill the old songs with new life. For me, personally, it was very inspirational and I hope that some of that translates towards you, dear friends. I really learned a lot from the whole experience."

The second release, which is scheduled for next spring, will be a Blu-ray, featuring live concert footage from Uli's "Scorpions Anniversary Tour" and "lots of other goodies."

Featured musicians:

Nathan James - Vocals
Jamie Little - Drums
Ule W. Ritgen - Bass
Niklas Turmann - Guitar, Vocals
Corvin Bahn - Keyboards, Vocals
David Klosinski - Guitar

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm not familiar with Uli Jon Roth on his own in the least, but from the sound of this trailer, it could be a really sweet live album.

Am I the only guitar player on the board who was salivating a bit over the guitar he was playing? Good lord, that thing looked awesome!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Runicen wrote:
I'm not familiar with Uli Jon Roth on his own in the least, but from the sound of this trailer, it could be a really sweet live album.

Am I the only guitar player on the board who was salivating a bit over the guitar he was playing?  Good lord, that thing looked awesome!

Yes you were... we've all seen it before!!! (just messing with ya Wink )

I'll pick it up - Uli is an amazing player!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Sounds great!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Love me some Uli! Met him once. Very unusual but also a very cool cat.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 pm

If Hendrix were still alive he'd be hanging with Uli.....

that snippet of In Trance was pretty amazing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:38 am

hope it is some good stuff.

but to be honest I've grown tired of scorpions. they are so popular around here.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 am

Me like

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 am

headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:47 am

Gilbert wrote:
hope it is some good stuff.

but to be honest I've grown tired of scorpions. they are so popular around here.

Might I suggest checking out their 70's output? Not as well known (or overplayed) as their stuff from the 80's and beyond. The stuff with Roth is very different, but just as cool.

As for this release, I'd give it a listen.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:06 am

The German guitarist issues Scorpions Revisited on March 10 via UDR and he describes the project as "an intense journey into the past" which "really managed to bring the songs back to life with a vengeance."

It features tracks originally recorded during Roth's spell with the band in the 1970s.

Roth says: "The material for this double CD was recorded last year in the same hall in Hanover that we used for the Scorpions rehearsals between 1973 and 1978.

"Together with an amazing bunch of very talented young musicians, I revisited my personal favourites from the early Scorpions period. It was an emotional few days and I am very pleased with the results in more ways than one.

"The idea was to stay truthful to the original spirit of the music, while also putting a new slant on it whenever it felt like the right thing to do. I feel we really succeeded in this and I'm very excited about this project."

Roth was joined in the studio by singer Nathan James, drummer Jamie Little, bass player Ule Ritgen, guitarists Niklas Turmann and David Klosinski and keyboard player Corvin Bahn.

Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Original

SCORPIONS REVISITED TRACKLIST

CD1
The Sails Of Charon
Longing For Fire
Crying Days
Virgin Killer
In Trance
Sun In My Hand
Yellow Raven
Polar Nights
Dark Lady

CD2
Catch Your Train
Evening Wind
All Night Long
We'll Burn In The Sky
Pictured Life
Hell Cat
Life's Like A River
Drifting Sun
Rainbow Dream Prelude
Fly To The Rainbow

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Should be an interesting listen. Love those old Scorps classics with Uli. He was a Hendrix prodigy, so that music is so very different than what the Scorps became known for.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Should be an interesting listen. Love those old Scorps classics with Uli. He was a Hendrix prodigy, so that music is so very different than what the Scorps became known for.

Yea, I might be picking this one up myself. See what kind of new spin he puts on the old classics.

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 pm

70s era Scorpions was far superior to anything they released in the 80s or after. I'll give this album a listen on Spotify when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:39 pm

I'll pick this up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
70s era Scorpions was far superior to anything they released in the 80s or after.  I'll give this album a listen on Spotify when it comes out.  

100%. I look forward to this disc, 70's Scorps was easily their best. There are a few other songs I wish he would've done (mostly, it'd be nice if Speedy's Coming took the place of Hell Cat) but overall, looks like a great release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:23 pm

I'm really enjoying this one. Uli just goes off on most of the tracks here. Everything is an extended jam. If you're a fan of his playing, you're gonna like this.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm really enjoying this one. Uli just goes off on most of the tracks here. Everything is an extended jam. If you're a fan of his playing, you're gonna like this.

I agree. I got this back when it was released and it's very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Not gonna lie, I have had this in my hand twice in the store in the last few months and had to put it back cuz there was something else I wanted more. I will grab this eventually.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 12:09 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Not gonna lie, I have had this in my hand twice in the store in the last few months and had to put it back cuz there was something else I wanted more. I will grab this eventually.

It's worth it.

It's nice to hear him go off on the intros and solos without them sounding over indulgent, if that makes sense. He's not just showing off like Yngwie or Steve Vai. The jamming he does fits the tone of the music, like they belonged there all along.

When I listen to them, I like to think that these are the way these songs were supposed to sound like, but he toned them down for the original Scorps recordings. Be that true or not, who knows? But that's my take on it.

PostSubject: Re: Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1   Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited - Volume 1
Page 1 of 1