Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soulbender

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Soulbender Empty
PostSubject: Soulbender   Soulbender Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:38 pm

So these guys have a new album coming out—or at least an album with some new songs. Not much info available just yet (just an image), but here's what Blabbermouth posted:

Quote :
SOULBENDER, the project featuring QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton, will release a new album later this year via Rat Pak Records. The disc will contain all-new songs as well as remasters of previously released cuts.

In addition to Wilton, SOULBENDER's current lineup features ex-MY SISTER'S MACHINE singer Nick Pollock, ex-TIN PAN/FALLEN ANGEL guitarist Dave Groves and ex-ASSAULT/FALLEN ANGEL drummer Wes Hallam.

SOULBENDER's self-titled debut album was released independently in 2004.

Asked in a 2012 interview with Ultimate-Guitar.com if he was going to do anything with SOULBENDER again, Wilton said: "I plan on it and we have all the demos for the second album. The core band kind of disintegrated so it kind of stopped. It's kind of a purist thing so it's gotta be something that's really special and I just don't wanna piecemeal it out. I want it to be a band, so yeah, someday."

Wilton previously described SOULBENDER as "a very progressive, hard rock band with very intense musicians." He added: "A couple of them are prodigies and it's really been a lot of fun to do."

Soulbender Soulbender2014albumpreorder_638

The debut is a really solid album. Not amazing, but very good. And I've always said that the song "Three Towers" would have made for a great post-DeGarmo Queensryche tune.

Really great tune. Looking forward to this new thing, whatever it is.
Back to top Go down

Soulbender
Page 1 of 1