Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Cleans"

Go down 
+16
Lari
mr.electric39
Runicen
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
DallasBlack
mc666
Vexer6
80s Metal Lady
ultmetal
mlotek
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:11 pm

I had no idea we were being so culturally inclusive here.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Wow, that Calgon commercial really takes me back. I'm having such nostalgic feels, LOL.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:22 pm

mc666 wrote:
I call them clean vocals.

I've heard that term.... but it seems these days a lot of pre 20 somethings think if it has "clean" or actual SINGING it aint metal....

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:22 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I've heard that term.... but it seems these days a lot of pre 20 somethings think if it has "clean" or actual SINGING it aint metal....

Rolling Eyes 

Ah, the immaturity of youth.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Ah, the immaturity of youth.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

i WAS A youth once....  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:23 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Makes sense considering all the people who consider only extreme metal to be "metal".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Lari wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Makes sense considering all the people who consider only extreme metal to be "metal".

Ain't that the truth, especially in America. Go to any music channel on satellite radio/TV or cable called 'metal'. The closest think you will hear to traditional or classic metal is Metallica. No Maiden, Dio, Priest, etc. It's mostly extreme bands with short sentences for band names. I have admitted to liking some metalcore but most of these bands are interchangeable. You could call them all the same generic name and I couldn't tell the difference. I suggest "One Word Sentence".

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Hey Shawn, I really liked those cleans you did with K-OCTAVE.  Those were really good cleans.  Done just the way I like them.  Nice and clean.  

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mlotek wrote:
I don't speak ebonics

You also do not know what "ebonics" is.

Classic!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Ain't that the truth, especially in America. Go to any music channel on satellite radio/TV or cable called 'metal'. The closest think you will hear to traditional or classic metal is Metallica. No Maiden, Dio, Priest, etc. It's mostly extreme bands with short sentences for band names. I have admitted to liking some metalcore but most of these bands are interchangeable. You could call them all the same generic name and I couldn't tell the difference. I suggest "One Word Sentence".

lol!

That's the thing. Sure a lot of kids think metal is only the extreme stuff. A lot of the older guys, however, who grew up on the classic metal stuff think all extreme metal sounds the same. Or they think it's too "core", "nu" or whatever. Ignorance is bliss I guess...no matter your age.

As for the use of the word "cleans". I think it makes more sense when you have bands that employ both real singing as well as screaming/growling. One is more "clean-cut", the other more "extreme". If a band only has traditional singing however, like Priest or Maiden, it seems rather silly to describe it like that.

Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

lol!

It's the same sort of thing in South Africa. I would love to support the local scene more than I do, but there are precious few bands who only employ clean vocals.

I think there actually might be more death metal bands than metalcore ones, but that makes very little difference. If there are growls/harsh vocals it's not my thing.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:02 am

mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

lol!

That's the thing. Sure a lot of kids think metal is only the extreme stuff. A lot of the older guys, however, who grew up on the classic metal stuff think all extreme metal sounds the same. Or they think it's too "core", "nu" or whatever. Ignorance is bliss I guess...no matter your age.

But I don't think all extreme metal sound the same. Black metal bands, death metal bands, grindcore bands, brutal thrash bands, there are many that have a distinct sound that set them apart. However, most of the bands I call three word sentence bands don't to my ears (I give them equal chance, I don't dismiss them right off the bat). I am more open to different types of metal than a lot of people here (remember, in the metalcore threads I have not denied them as being anything but metal). However, when I hear most of it they all seem to have a similar sound, very little to set them apart from each other. That's fine, I can enjoy samey sounding bands. I don't mind these bands being played on a metal channel, but there is little to no variety on them. Mix it up, the metal scene has many genres and sub genres to choose from. Why not play equal amounts of what younger people consider metal and what us older guys consider metal? The older ones might not like the newer stuff being called metal and vice versa but at least both parties are somewhat satisfied. Or at the very least provide another metal channel that focuses on the more traditional styles. Then the younger metal fans have a channel with what they consider metal and the older fans can have the rest.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:20 am

Cleans is stolen/borrowed from cycling.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

lol!

But I don't think all extreme metal sound the same. Black metal bands, death metal bands, grindcore bands, brutal thrash bands, there are many that have a distinct sound that set them apart. However, most of the bands I call three word sentence bands don't to my ears (I give them equal chance, I don't dismiss them right off the bat). I am more open to different types of metal than a lot of people here (remember, in the metalcore threads I have not denied them as being anything but metal). However, when I hear most of it they all seem to have a similar sound, very little to set them apart from each other. That's fine, I can enjoy samey sounding bands. I don't mind these bands being played on a metal channel, but there is little to no variety on them. Mix it up, the metal scene has many genres and sub genres to choose from. Why not play equal amounts of what younger people consider metal and what us older guys consider metal? The older ones might not like the newer stuff being called metal and vice versa but at least both parties are somewhat satisfied. Or at the very least provide another metal channel that focuses on the more traditional styles. Then the younger metal fans have a channel with what they consider metal and the older fans can have the rest.

I wasn't calling you out specifically.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

lol!

I wasn't calling you out specifically.

No prob. You know me, I tend to jump to conclusions sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mlotek wrote:
I don't speak ebonics

That's for sure!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 am

Lovecraft wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mlotek wrote:
I don't speak ebonics

That's for sure!  

Should I have said I don't speak wigger instead ?
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:49 pm

mlotek wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mlotek wrote:
I don't speak ebonics

That's for sure!  

Should I have said I don't speak wigger instead ?

Class act you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Cleans" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cleans"   "Cleans" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Cleans"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: