Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silliest Metal Art Ever?

Go down 
+10
Icy Grave
ultmetal
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
Gilbert
Eyesore
assault_attack
tohostudios
14 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Silliest Metal Art Ever? Empty
PostSubject: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 pm

I know we've discussed goofy metal art here before but this is the first time I've seen the subject pop up on Yahoo's main page.

I agree with most of these but A) The list could be a lot longer and B) it's missing one silly art classic.

https://music.yahoo.com/photos/the-silliest-metal-album-covers-of-all-time-1406746760-slideshow/

And the missing one of course is
:Silliest Metal Art Ever? Dethkorps-metal-tit

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 pm

I like the Megadeath & Anthrax covers... I do not get the Riot covers., Any of them & there mascot, lol.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Yeah, those Riot covers have always eluded me.  A guy with a seal head?  What's up with that?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, those Riot covers have always eluded me.  A guy with a seal head?  What's up with that?

He's the seal of approval.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 am

tohostudios wrote:

I agree. Johnny the seal is not the most metal of characters.

but put aside this fact and enjoy some of the best metal ever.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

He's the seal of approval.

lol!  That says it all.......................
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Is it me or does this list not come close

Silliest Metal Art Ever? Piledriver_inquisition

Silliest Metal Art Ever? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsvJ4Z5iCx0AeE1tAqV73SPbShJFn6oNlgFTuUiq8cikTugjzg

Silliest Metal Art Ever? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp3rgd01sVcrFF5M3zznj5KTXc3QlGp8XsKJoX_DEDWFbdKNJJ

Silliest Metal Art Ever? 22433

Silliest Metal Art Ever? Slayer-show-no-mercy

Silliest Metal Art Ever? WASP+-+Animal+%5BF**k+Like+A+Beast%5D+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SINGLE-107608
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 pm

I don't get what's silly about the Megadeth cover. I always thought it looked pretty bad-ass.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't get what's silly about the Megadeth cover. I always thought it looked pretty bad-ass.

So did I when it came out. It does look a little corny now though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Eh, maybe but I don't mind it. I just don't get a "silly" vibe from it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:22 pm

As brilliant as "Metal Tit" may be, I have a sneaking suspicion that it does not actually exist.

The only time it ever turns up is in discussions of "bad metal album covers" like these. Last I checked, there was no entry for the album or band on Metal Archives, and though it does have a listing on RateYourMusic, no members claim to "own" it and the only "review" of it simply sez "OMG worst album cover ever."

It's become so notorious by now that you'd think if it existed, somebody would've put some tracks up on YouTube or a blogspot or...or ... anywhere!!

I refuse to believe that it actually exists until I see a copy with my own two eyes!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
As brilliant as "Metal Tit" may be, I have a sneaking suspicion that it does not actually exist.

The only time it ever turns up is in discussions of "bad metal album covers" like these. Last I checked, there was no entry for the album or band on Metal Archives, and though it does have a listing on RateYourMusic, no members claim to "own" it and the only "review" of it simply sez "OMG worst album cover ever."

It's become so notorious by now that you'd think if it existed, somebody would've put some tracks up on YouTube or a blogspot or...or ... anywhere!!

I refuse to believe that it actually exists until I see a copy with my own two eyes!

Aww! I've had the imaginary Metal Tit song going through my head for 20 minutes as well (It's exactly the same as Accept's Metal Heart with the word tit replacing heart  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Let us not forget this mastur-piece:

Silliest Metal Art Ever? 8
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Aww! I've had the imaginary Metal Tit song going through my head for 20 minutes as well (It's exactly the same as Accept's Metal Heart with the word tit replacing heart  Laughing 

There is nothing more tr00 and kvlt than a metal album that is so underground it doesn't exist, such as Roger Rising's Realms of Blasphemy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Quote :
There is nothing more tr00 and kvlt than a metal album that is so underground it doesn't exist, such as Roger Rising's Realms of Blasphemy.

I hear Roger Rising's equally non-existent Smoke These Motherf*ckers is even more tr00. Laughing very hard tr00

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:

or BLACK NIGHT SKY!  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Or BLACK NIGHT SKY!  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Yes, I saw a promo poster for that one once. Never saw the actual album though.  Razz 

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:57 pm

It does actually exist...as an instrumental album only though...I could finish it up any time I wanted really Silliest Metal Art Ever? 309780
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

So did I when it came out. It does look a little corny now though.

I still think it looks badass.

Well, not really, but still, it has a charm to it that makes it special in its corniness, like it was made to be like that.  headbanger

Oh, and on a response to the question, anything by the band Sloth.

Silliest Metal Art Ever? 431198
Silliest Metal Art Ever? 178062
Silliest Metal Art Ever? 179288
Silliest Metal Art Ever? 359530
Silliest Metal Art Ever? 229857
Silliest Metal Art Ever? 196929

And for anyone who doesn't know who the band Sloth is should really find out who they are. I swear to all my insides that they are one of the funniest and most random bands out there that actually make music. Literally, they put out one song every single day. Says so on Metal Archives. XD
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 11:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I wonder what the origin of that album cover is, and how this "legend" of Metal Tit got started. FWIW, "Dethkorps" does not have a discogs entry either.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 am

Where can I see the rest of the yahoo´s "silliest albums" list ?

BTW I´d certainly include on my list Sepultura´s "Bestial Devastation" altought its not an "album" per se ...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
Where can I see the rest of the yahoo´s "silliest albums" list ?

Exactly! The link only shows Sunless Sky for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:39 pm

DETHKORPZ - Metal Tit

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/547583

"Recorded in 1991 but never released." Apparently only exists as this CD-R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silliest Metal Art Ever?   Silliest Metal Art Ever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silliest Metal Art Ever?
Page 1 of 1