Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What, oh WHAT to do????

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
ultmetal
manny
Short-Fuse
James B.
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
corplhicks
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

What, oh WHAT to do???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am

I would download and listen to it until I a cheap physical copy showed up. I do that a lot with rare older LPs or severely overpriced cds, so I at least have an album to listen to while in the car or anywhere, It will go into the ipod anyway so I can hear it on the go.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

What, oh WHAT to do???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:29 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

What do you do when some of your favorite bands release new stuff and you can never find it for less than $25?  .

If I KNOW it is or will be amazing, or could go out of print, maybe will increase my credit card debt
(I owe over ten thousand right now,mainly from buying music from labels/distros/bands, and merch directly from bands) but don't care. Could be dead tomorrow, and they can confiscate what I own
(if they get here before the property manager takes or throws out my huge collection of dvds,vhs, audio tapes, and vinyl), it will save my family the hassle).

If my debt is too high, (as it usually is), then will search for a download from a torrent or blogspot.

When a band is 100% against downloading,  even for fans that have zero money, or like me, that plan to buy something from them someday,I tend to stop liking them.
(ESPECIALLY when they GIVE AWAY free CD's/merch, while real fans have paid a lot for the albums or shirts).

There are sites that charge for mp3's, & don't compensate the band, (just like the added cost on blank media such as cd'rs + cassettes.
Do you know any bands that get a penny from that?) yet the band won't shut them down, the real thieves?

Here is one story
Music Labels Won’t Share Pirate Bay Loot With Artists
The bands are paying for lawyers to collect royalties owed to them, and the lawyers/record labels STILL KEEP it,
the bands pay to retrieve it, and still do not get any of the money?
Back to top Go down

What, oh WHAT to do????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: