Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What, oh WHAT to do????

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
ultmetal
manny
Short-Fuse
James B.
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
corplhicks
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What, oh WHAT to do???? Empty
PostSubject: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:42 pm

What do you do when some of your favorite bands release new stuff and you can never find it for less than $25?  Alot of stuff is only released in Japan or Europe and it is super expensive to get it in the States.  Do you suck it up and buy it right away?  Download it [legally or not?]?  Or wait and try and get lucky somewhere down the line?  I can tell ya with the Loudness catalog, I have not been able to afford anything in this millenium so far.  So I have been buying the mp3's off Amazon every year [one of the very few bands that I HAVE to have].
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:43 pm

i have been waiting but i am very tempted to go the legal amazon mp3 route.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 pm

If I can fit it in my budget, I get it. If not, Spotify until I can.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Where is the shame in legal downloads? There is still such a stigma amongst the older crowd. You are still supporting the band. 70% of my music purchases anymore are downloads. I just don't need anymore physical discs taking up space.

I guess it's only important if collecting the physical is more important than your enjoyment of the music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Mont - for me it is the quality of the sound. That is all. I know the monies still get to the artist.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Ah... ok, I can understand that. S.D. is that way too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Thx for THAT comparison.....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Laughing 

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:08 pm

I get quite a few downloads nowadays but mostly because they come with vinyl. Most offer a FLAC download but Amazon & Itunes are a bit of a problem.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Number one reason I buy CD's is because it's a hobby. Digi downloads are alright.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:26 pm

It doesn't look as if it has a Euro release either as it's expensive here too (the cheapest I could find was £16.50/$28 Amazon want £41 which is over $70 in funny money!!)

There are plenty of cheap sellers (U.S based) for all of the other recent Loudness records on eBay though

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm in the same boat with you. Loudness is a band that I want to have an actual physical copy of all their releases but those are way out of my price range. I suppose I could get the downloads but it just isn't the same to me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

There are plenty of cheap sellers (U.S based) for all of the other recent Loudness records on eBay though

What do you consider cheap? Because I haven't been able to find any
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 12:17 am

If it's a band that I have to have everything they do then I just go ahead and bite the bullet.Otherwise I just download it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 1:37 am

I download everyday. but I flush afterwards.

Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:48 am

Could downloading actually make the prices of cds more expensive in the future because less and less are being made?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:04 am

mc666 wrote:
Where is the shame in legal downloads? There is still such a stigma amongst the older crowd. You are still supporting the band. 70% of my music purchases anymore are downloads. I just don't need anymore physical discs taking up space.

I guess it's only important if collecting the physical is more important than your enjoyment of the music.

No shame in downloading, just not my thing. I love owning a physical product, my preference plus I am a collector. I like Loudness but never saw the need to collect their discography, but I would probably just bought it for $25 if that was all that was available.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:06 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
Could downloading actually make the prices of cds more expensive in the future because less and less are being made?

Yes
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:

Yes

It very well could.

If it's a band I really love, then I'd probably suck it up and pay for the physical product. Either that or I'll wait until I can find it for a reasonable price.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:54 pm

mc666 wrote:

The physical product, for me, is not more important than the music. I just prefer to have something tangible. It's a preference but not a deal-breaker; I've bought plenty of music via Amazon or iTunes.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Yes I would like to get this to, but hate the downloading, I want the physical CD or LP so I usually wait until I can get it at a decent price in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:04 am

There are a few instances where I wanted the music badly but the CD was oop so I bought the mp3 albums. Examples are Heretic, Reverend, Heathen.

I've been going through a weird tic lately when I do my CD shopping. I'll run across a title a want and my brain instantly snaps "you can stream it on Spotify." It's quite horrible and makes for a great deal of indecision.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:25 am

007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eve-To-Dawn-Loudness-2012-CD-New-Explicit-/371089896627?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item5666ae74b3

and, er that's it really!  Embarassed 

The problem is that I don't know these guys well and there are quite a few discs advertised as 2011, 2012 but are much older releases. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:59 am

Boris2008 wrote:
007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eve-To-Dawn-Loudness-2012-CD-New-Explicit-/371089896627?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item5666ae74b3

and, er that's it really!  Embarassed 

The problem is that I don't know these guys well and there are quite a few discs advertised as 2011, 2012 but are much older releases. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

That is a good price but unfortunately that's one of their releases that is more readily available. The search continues.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am

Quote :
What do you do when some of your favorite bands release new stuff and you can never find it for less than $25?

I shrug, say "f*ck it," and do without Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What, oh WHAT to do????   What, oh WHAT to do???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What, oh WHAT to do????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: